Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
Chase Holthe's practice covers a broad range of commercial litigation matters, with a focus on shareholder and contract disputes, and construction claims. Chase has appeared as counsel at all levels of court in Alberta in trials, application and on appeal, as well as representing clients in complex international arbitrations.
Chase received numerous awards for academic achievement while in law school before joining the Calgary office in 2010. Included in these awards was the George Isaac Smith Memorial Award, awarded to the student who has achieved academic excellence and in faculty's opinion shows the most promise of achieving exemplary standards of professional and public service.
J.D., Dalhousie University, 2011
B.Mgt., University of Lethbridge, 2008
- Alberta 2012
- Obtained judgment for a large Canadian bank in a lawsuit against an energy company for millions of dollars in withheld advisory fees
- Represented a Canadian hotel and condominium chain through trial with regard to contractual disputes against numerous condominium purchasers
- Represented a group of investors through trial in the determination fair value of shares of a Canadian oil sands company
- Represented numerous construction companies and professionals in contract disputes and regarding liability issues
- Acted for an international energy company against Canadian equipment manufacturer regarding defective equipment
- Represented the vendors of a Canadian oilfield construction company on a dispute with an American purchaser seeking the return of all or most of the purchase price on the basis of post-closing adjustments and alleged breaches of representations and warranties.
- Dean’s List Dalhousie University, Schulich School of Law, 2009-2011
- Alistair Fraser Scholarship, 2010, 2011
- Canadian Law Book Company Family Law Prize (highest standing in Family Law), 2010
- Blake Cassels and Graydon Law Prize (highest standing in Business Associations), 2010
- The Davies Ward Phillips and Vineberg LLP Prize (highest combined mark in Business Associations, Commercial Law and Taxation), 2011
- The Stuart Clarke Lane Memorial Prize (highest standing in Administrative Law), 2011
- The George Isaac Smith Memorial Award (student who has achieved academic excellence and in faculty’s opinion shows the most promise of achieving exemplary standards of professional and public service), 2011
- “Insurance Against Liability - Negligence,” Insurance Institute of Canada, Calgary, Alberta, September 25, 2012.
- Canadian Bar Association
- Calgary Bar Association
- Pro Bono Law Alberta