Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
Allison Kuntz’s practice encompasses corporate and commercial litigation, transnational proceedings, oil and gas litigation, product liability as well as securities and financial services disputes.
Prior to joining our Calgary office (then Macleod Dixon LLP), Ms. Kuntz practised civil and commercial litigation for six years in Toronto at our other predecessor firm, Ogilvy Renault LLP.
LL.B., Queen’s University, 2003
B.M., Indiana University, 1997
- Ontario 2004
Ms. Kuntz has acted recently for the following clients:
- The participants in one of Alberta’s largest oil-sands projects in successfully resisting the jurisdiction of the Alberta courts in favour of arbitration: Alberta Oil Sands Pipeline Ltd v Canadian Oil Sands Limited (2012) 7 BLR (5th) 142 (Alta QB)
- A national automobile parts manufacturer in the successful defence of a product liability class action relating to automobile door latch parts
- The federal environmental regulator regarding the insolvency of a mining corporation
- A national investment dealer with respect to the defence of charges under securities legislation
- Canadian and US entities in a Companies’ Creditors Arrangement Act proceeding involving claims related to products containing asbestos
- “Contract Law: Trends in Interpretation, Performance and Remedies” (co-author with Alan Mark), Negotiating and Drafting Major Business Agreements, Insight Information, Toronto, Ontario, February 2007 and February 2008.
- “Developments in Cross Border Workouts and Restructurings” (co-author with Derrick Tay and Jennifer Stam), Corporate Restructuring Conference, Federated Press, Toronto, Ontario, December 2005.
- “Shareholder Activism and the Ever Expanding Oppression Remedy: Where Are We Headed?” (co-author with Alan Mark), Securities Litigation, Toronto, Ontario, November 29, 2004.
- Canadian Bar Association
- Law Society of Upper Canada