Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
- Communications, media and entertainment
- Construction and engineering
- Copyright law
- Intellectual property
- WTO and international trade
- Trademarks and brands
Harry Ludwig’s practice focuses on technology, communications and intellectual property. He has extensive experience advising on matters involving telecommunications, Internet/e-commerce, information technology, oil and gas technology, outsourcing, privacy, marketing, and intellectual property development, protection and distribution.
Mr. Ludwig is a registered trademark agent and has a rich business background, including serving in senior executive roles with two of Canada’s leading telecommunications carriers. His educational background is highlighted by training in negotiation at Harvard Law School, in communications at the Centre for Telecommunications Management, University of Southern California and in intellectual property at the Oxford Intellectual Property Research Centre, St. Peter’s College, Oxford University.
Mr. Ludwig is currently on leave and not actively practising.
LL.B., University of Alberta, 1986
B.A., University of Alberta, 1983
- Alberta 1987
- British Columbia 2005
- Canada (trademarks) 1991
- Best Lawyers in Canada: Privacy and Data Security Law, 2021
- Best Lawyers in Canada: Information Technology Law "Lawyer of the Year", 2015
- Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory (2011-2015): recommended in Technology Transactions
- Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory (2013-2015): recommended in Computer & IT Law
- “Recent Developments in the Law of Domain Names,” 1999.
- “Act Now to Protect Your .CA Domain Name and Trade-mark Rights.”
- “Issues and Trends in Outsourcing the Service Management Office,” Canadian IT Law Association, October, 2010.
- “Intellectual Property Injections - What you Need to Know,” Global Petroleum Show, 2008.
- “Protecting IP Rights in Joint Venture and Partnership Agreements,” Canadian Institute Seminar, October 2007.
- “Issues and Trends in Application Outsourcing,” CORE seminar, September 2007.
- “Negotiating & Drafting Major Business Agreements,” seminar, April 2007.
- Speaker to public and private audiences on topics related to technology law.
- Law Society of Alberta
- Law Society of British Columbia
- Information Technology Association of Canada
- Intellectual Property Institute of Canada
- Canadian IT Law Association
- Canadian Society for the Advancement of Legal Technology
- Director, Digital Alberta