Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
Brian Milne practises Canadian tax law, and is experienced in tax matters related to mergers and acquisitions of public and private corporations, corporate financing, cross-border structuring and multi-jurisdictional business activities, corporate reorganizations, employee compensation and structuring of owner-manager businesses. Mr. Milne also frequently advises on matters concerning the application of GST/HST and matters concerning charitable and non-profit organizations.
Mr. Milne is a director of the Canadian Petroleum Tax Society and serves on executive committee for tax section of the Canadian Bar Association (Alberta). Mr. Milne has also previously served as the president of the Sled Island Music and Arts Festival and Calgary's oldest artist-run gallery space, The New Gallery, and was chair of the community radio station, CJSW 90.9FM.
Mr. Milne joined the firm as an articling student in 2008.
LL.B., University of Calgary, 2008
B.A., University of Calgary, 2005
- Alberta 2009
- Named one of Avenue Magazine’s “Top 40 Under 40” in Calgary, 2011
- President’s Award for Excellence in Student Leadership
- Faculty of Law Silver Medallion (Campbell McLaurin Achievement Award)
- Dean’s List, Faculty of Law
- Alberta Law Foundation Award
- Macleod Dixon Scholarship
- Canadian Bar Association
- Law Society of Alberta
- Canadian Tax Foundation
- Canadian Petroleum Tax Society
- International Fiscal Association