Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
Kelly Moffet-Burima is a senior associate in our Calgary litigation group whose practice encompasses disputes in construction matters, commercial matters, professional liability, and insurance.
Kelly's experience includes acting as counsel in matters relating to commercial contract disputes in the energy and construction sectors, lien issues involving both owners and contractors, professional liability claims, and insurance actions relating to property damage.
LL.B., University of Calgary, 2010
B.A., University of Alberta, 2006
- Alberta 2011
Ms. Moffet-Burima has acted in the following matters:
- Currently acting as the senior associate for a large energy company in defence of a dispute involving alleged fraudulent misrepresentations relating to a share purchase transaction. This dispute has been the subject of over 16 weeks of trial before the Alberta Court of Queen's Bench, and has involved numerous attendances before the Alberta Court of Appeal
- Acted as co-counsel for a large technology company involved in arbitration dispute relating to a share purchase transaction
- Acted as co-counsel for a large energy company in an arbitration regarding appropriate payments under an offgas agreement
- Acted and acting as counsel in defence of a utility company in relation to various large fire loss claims
- Currently acting as lead project counsel for a large infrastructure project in Alberta
- Currently acting as lead litigation counsel for a large utility operator in an arbitration arising out of a contract dispute relating to a large transmission infrastructure project
- Acted as counsel for several large contractors in builders' lien disputes in construction and oil sands project disputes.
- Acted as counsel for owners in numerous lien disputes involving multi-million dollar quantums.
- Acted and acting as counsel in several cases involving the defence of architectural and engineering firms against allegations of negligence and breach of contract in the design and construction of various types of buildings
- Dean’s List, University of Calgary Faculty of Law, 2009-2010
- Alberta Law Foundation Scholarship, 2009
- Jason Lang Award, 2002-2004, 2009
- Dean’s List, University of Alberta Faculty of Arts, 2003-2005
- Academic Excellence Award, 2001
- Canadian Bar Association
- Law Society of Alberta
- QB Amicus Project, Pro Bono Law Alberta, 2014 - 2018
- Small Claims Duty Counsel, Pro Bono Law Alberta, 2012 - 2018
- Board member, Rocky Mountain Civil Liberties Association, 2014 - 2016
- Volunteer counsel: Legal Grounds Advice Clinic , Pro Bono Law Alberta, 2011 - 2018