Student and Associate Programs Director
Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Lynn Thomson is our student programs and recruitment director and has been an active member of our student committee for five years.
In her capacity as an associate, Ms. Thomson’s practice has focused on securities transactions, corporate reorganizations, corporate finance, mergers and acquisitions and general corporate matters, with an emphasis on companies in the mining sector.
Ms. Thomson also regularly advised public and private clients on securities regulatory and stock exchange compliance, continuous disclosure obligations, annual corporate proceedings and corporate governance.
LL.B., University of Ottawa, 2006
B.A., University of Toronto, 2003
- Ontario 2007
Ms. Thomson has acted recently for the following clients:
- Richardson GMP Limited in connection with its acquisition of Macquarie Private Wealth Inc.
- Dundee Corporation in connection with the spin‑off of DREAM Unlimited Corp. by means of a plan of arrangement
- Gran Colombia Gold in its C$80 million public offering of silver‑linked notes
- African Aura Mining Inc. (now Afferro Mining Inc.) in a restructuring of its iron ore, gold and other assets by way of a plan of arrangement, involving the transfer of certain assets to Aureus Mining Inc. and the listing of Aureus Mining on the TSX
- Canaccord Financial in a C$32 million bought‑deal public offering of common shares of Premier Gold Mines Limited and a $12 million bought‑deal private placement of flow‑through common shares of Premier Gold Mines Limited
- Orsu Metals Corporation in its C$28 million public offering of units
- Loewen Ondaatje McCutcheon Limited in an offering of units of Hamilton Thorne in connection with its merger with Calotto Capital Inc. and listing on the TSX Venture Exchange
- Victory Nickel Inc. in an offering of rights to existing shareholders
- Cierra Pacific Ventures Ltd.’s acquisition of all of the issued and outstanding shares of Alange, Corp. by a reverse takeover. Valued at approximately US$170 million, the transaction included a US$140 million financing
- Tiomin Resources Inc.’s acquisition of all issued and outstanding securities of Radiant Resources Inc. pursuant to a plan of arrangement
- “Officers’ and Directors’ Liability in Ontario,” Ottawa Business Journal, January 2008.
- “The Hunter Becomes the Hunted: The Changing Role of Income Trusts,” Ottawa Business Journal, May 2007.
- Canadian Bar Association
- Law Society of Upper Canada
- Ontario Bar Association
- Women in Mining, Toronto