Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
Samantha (Sam) Jenkins practises commercial litigation and dispute resolution, with a particular focus on Aboriginal law and construction litigation.
Sam has a broad range of experience in dispute resolution, including contractual disputes in the energy and construction sector, lien claims (on behalf of owners, contractors and subcontractors), and professional negligence. Sam also has experience in regulatory compliance matters, as well as advising administrative decision-makers.
In Aboriginal law, Sam advises on the scope and content of the duty to consult and related best practices, project development on reserve lands and traditional territory, project financing, and risk mitigation. She has also assisted with judicial review applications and civil litigation based on claims relating to Aboriginal and treaty rights.
Sam has acted on matters at all levels of Alberta courts, as well as the Federal Court and Federal Court of Appeal. She has also assisted on matters before the Alberta Energy Regulator and the Alberta Utilities Commission.
J.D., Dalhousie University, 2014
B.A.H., Queen's University, 2011
- Alberta 2015
- Dean’s List, Dalhousie University
- Thomas Burchell Memorial Good Citizen Prize in Law, Dalhousie University
- Schulich Scholarship, Dalhousie University
- Robert T. Donald Insurance Prize, Dalhousie University
- The Honourable Richard B. Hanson Prize in Constitutional Law, Dalhousie University, 2013
- Clyde W. Sperry Prize in Property Law, Dalhousie University
- Canadian Bar Association
- Calgary Bar Association
Publication | December 21, 2020
Publication | November 10, 2020
Publication | October 26, 2020
Publication | June 29, 2019