Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
Jean-Philippe Buteau practises primarily in the area of business law. In particular, he assists private and public companies, public bodies, pension plans and other businesses with respect to their transactions, including investments, mergers and acquisitions, reorganizations and their internal and operational affairs in general.
Over the years, Mr. Buteau has advised clients on numerous cross-border transactions and has also participated in a number of commercial transactions, including initial public offerings, private placements, reverse takeovers, acquisitions of local and foreign companies in various industry segments, including natural resources, in which he has extensive experience in infrastructures, investment funds and renewable energy.
Mr. Buteau also advises his clients on disputes and litigations of strategic importance to them.
- Quebec 2004
- Investissement Québec, in connection with its involvement in the Series C financing of AddÉnergie, a charging network operator for electric vehicles.
- Investissement Québec, in connection with the financing of a silicon purification plant of HPQ-Silicon Resources
- Industrielle Alliance, in connection with private placements
- Ormuco, in connection with the financing by Investissement Québec
- Sale of the CRJ Series regional jets by Bombardier Mitsubishi
- Investissement Québec, in connection with the sale of its interest in Moblan lithium project to a Chinese company
- Sale of BIMOne to a U.S. investment fund
- SOQUEM, in connection with dozens of joint venture arrangements in respect of exploration projects for various strategic minerals
- Best Lawyers in Canada: Mining Law, 2019-2024
- Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory, 2021-2023: recommended in Corporate Commercial Law; 2021: recommended in Energy (Oil & Gas); 2020-2023: recommended in Mining; 2023: recommended in Corporate Mid-Market
- Who's Who Legal: Canada - Mining 2020
- Canadian Bar Association
- Prospectors and Developers Association of Canada
- Association Pipeline Longitude 75°
- Canadian Institute of Mining, Metallurgy and Petroleum