National Director, Knowledge and Innovation
Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Sukesh Kamra is the national director of knowledge and innovation at Norton Rose Fulbright Canada. He is responsible for implementing a national strategy and action plan to work smarter and more efficiently, while leveraging advanced forms of technology to eliminate waste and control legal costs. He leads our team of knowledge and innovation practitioners to improve internal processes and provides our clients with innovative legal products and solutions to address specific business risk. With over 18 years of experience, Mr. Kamra develops new frameworks and approaches to capture and leverage our value-added knowledge and efficiently deliver legal services to our clients. He is chair of our National Innovation Investment Steering Committee and is responsible for the overall direction of our national library and intelligence service. Mr. Kamra is a lawyer and an internationally recognized expert in knowledge and innovation.
He led Norton Rose Fulbright Canada to capture both a 2021 Excellence Award and a 2020 Gold Award at the Canadian Law Awards for Best Use of Technology in a Law Firm for the use of a novel low-code platform to build complex applications for clients. He is the recipient of the prestigious 2019 Lexpert Zenith Award in the category of Change Agents in Law and the winner of the highly coveted 2018 Canadian Lawyer Top 25 Most Influential Lawyers in Canada for his work in legal technology and innovation. He is also the recipient of the 2019 Fastcase 50 Award honoring the law's smartest, most courageous innovators, visionaries and leaders. Mr. Kamra won the 2017 International Legal Technology Association Knowledge Management Professional of the Year Distinguished Peer Award and was inducted as a Fellow into the College of Law Practice Management, joining a very exclusive group of law practice management executives. Mr. Kamra is also the recipient of the College of Law Practice Management's 2016 InnovAction Award, given to an individual who demonstrates advanced innovation.
Mr. Kamra is a certified mental health first aid officer. He sits on our Canadian Race Equity Council and the Canadian Origins Network. He is a gold medallist from the University of Ottawa's National Program and clerked at the Federal Court of Canada with two honourable justices. He holds a yellow belt certification in Legal Lean Sigma and Project Management. Mr. Kamra is a member of both the Contract Express Document Automation User and Advisory Group and the Practical Law Canada Knowledge Management Advisory Board at Thomson Reuters. He is also a former member of the Neota Logic Client Advisory Board.
- Excellence Award - Best Use of Technology in a Law Firm - Canadian Law Awards 2021
- Gold Award - Best Use of Technology in a Law Firm - Canadian Law Awards 2020
- Visionary & Leader - Fastcase 50 Award 2019
- Change Agents in Law - Lexpert Zenith Award 2019
- Changemaker: innovation and legal technology - Canadian Lawyer Magazine's Top 25 Most Influential Lawyers 2018
- Digital Workplace Management - 3rd place, We.CONECT Intranet Reloaded Awards 2018
- KM Leadership Award - International HRD Congress 2018
- Fellow Award - College of Law Practice Management 2017
- Knowledge Management Professional of the Year Award - International Legal Technology Association (ILTA) 2017
- InnovAction Award - College of Law Practice Management 2016
ILTA KM Tools - New and Classics Webinar - KM Toolkit: Then, Now and What's Next
- "A New Profit Frontier - Selling Innovation," ILTA>ON, Zoom, August 2020.
- "The Structure of Law Firm Innovation," SKILLS, New York, February 2020.
- "KM: Our experience, Your Win," Legal Week, Legal Tech, New York, February 2020.
- "Firm-Grown Innovative Legal Technology," Georgia State School of Law, January 2020.
- "Meet Your New Innovation Partner," ILTACON, Orlando, August 2019.
- "Going the Extra Inch: Small Solutions with Big Impact," ILTACON, Orlando, August 2019.
- "Transforming Your Legal Department Through No-code A.I. Automation," Corporate Legal Operations Consortium (CLOC), Las Vegas, May 2019.
- "Transforming Law Firm Knowledge Management," Georgia State School of Law, Webex, April 2019.
- "The Future of Law Firms," Canadian Legal Innovation Forum, Toronto, February 2019.
- "Joining Forces - Create Client-Centric Knowledge Management - Legal Tech," Legal Week, New York, January 2019.
- Canadian Bar Association
- Ontario Bar Association
- Law Society of Upper Canada
- Knowledge Management Institute of Canada
- Conference Board of Canada, Council for Innovation and Commercialization
- Toronto Knowledge Management Legal Forum
- International Legal Technology Association
- Toronto Law Firm Innovation Leaders Group
- National Legal Innovators Roundtable
- Legal Value Network
- Law Vision - Innovation & Value Leadership Roundtable
- Thomson Reuters Document Automation Contract Express User and Advisory Group
- Thomson Reuters Practical Law Canada Knowledge Management Advisory Board
January 13, 2020
October 10, 2018
August 16, 2018