Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Reno Lessard helps technology companies and institutions build value from their intangible assets.
More specifically, Mr. Lessard has developed a profound expertise in drafting and prosecuting patent applications in the fields of optics-photonics, software, systems making use of trained engines (artificial intelligence) and/or cloud computing capabilities, artificial vision and telematics. He is very familiar with sensors, instrumentation and automation.
His post-graduate research on biosensing using whispering gallery modes in fluorescent microspheres has been presented at national and international conferences.
M.Sc., Physics, Centre for Optics, Photonics and Lasers, Laval University, 2013
B.Eng., Engineering Physics, Telecommunications, Laval University, 2010
- Postgraduate scholarship, Fonds québécois de la recherche sur la nature et les technologies (2010-12)
- Bursary and leadership award, EXFO (2010)
- Undergraduate research bursary, Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC) (2009)
- Bursary and leadership award, Olympus NDT Canada (2008)
- “Patents 101 : scientific development workshop,” Photonics Toolkit 2.0, Laval University, Quebec City, May 2014.
- “Flow cytometer system for single-shot biosensing based on whispering gallery modes of fluorescent microspheres,” technical conference, LASE, Photonics West, San Francisco, 2013.
- “Biosensing using whispering gallery modes in fluorescent microspheres,” technical conference, Photonics North, Montreal, 2012.
- International Society for Optics and Photonics
- Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec (Quebec order of engineers)
- Licensing Executives Society (USA and Canada), Quebec City Chapter
- Quebec Photonic Network
- Quebec confederation for engineering student outreach (2009-10)