Managing Partner, Québec Office
Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
Olga Farman practises corporate and commercial law, with a particular interest in life sciences and health law.
Her business law practice focuses on contractual and corporate transactions, corporate governance and intellectual property. Her life sciences practice is related mainly to negotiating and drafting commercial agreements, regulatory law and rules of good governance in the health sector. Olga has valuable experience in clinical trials, personalized medicine and the use of technology in healthcare. She has unique insight into the Quebec and Canadian healthcare ecosystems and participates frequently in international partnerships involving clinical trials, records or biobanks.
Olga is managing partner of our Québec office.
- M.B.A., Université Laval, 2003
- LL.B., Université Laval, 2000
- Quebec 2003
Ms. Farman’s recent mandates have included:
- Negotiating and coordinating contractual activities pertaining to multicentre clinical trials, biobanks, records and platforms
- Setting up a number of management companies, centres of excellence, public-private partnerships, non-profit organizations and research consortiums
- WXN Canada's Most Powerful Women: Top 100 Award Winner - Professionals category, 2019
- Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory, 2020: recommended in Biotechnology; Corporate Commercial Law
- Best Lawyers in Canada, 2017-2018: Health Law
- Best Lawyers in Canada, 2016-2017: Health Care Law
- Woman of Distinction Award, 2012: in the Business and Professionals category at the Québec YWCA Benefit Gala, May 2012
- Lexpert® Guide to the Leading US/Canada Cross-border Corporate Lawyers in Canada, July 2011
- Canadian Business “20 Young Women in Power,” August 2011
- Lexpert’s “Top 40 under 40” Lawyers in Canada, 2010
- Dean’s list, Faculty of Administration, Laval University, 2003
- “Colloque en gouvernance d'entreprise: Enjeux contemporains de gouvernance d'entreprise: Rencontre du droit, de l'administration et de la finance,” Laval University, April, 2016.
- “Trois PDG vous parlent : leurs attentes envers le conseil d’administration” (moderator), Institut des administrateurs de société, April 2016.
- “Practical Legal Challenges Emerging from Personalized Medicine,” Congress of the International and Interdisciplinary Association on the Pharmaceutical Life Cycle (IIAPC), Montreal, August 2015.
- “Laying the Bedrock for the Clinical Trial Framework,” Insight Information, April 14, 2011.
- “Adapting to the Harmonization of Clinical Trials,” The Canadian Institute, February 2009.
- “Clinical Trial Agreements in Canada,” Model Agreements & Guidelines International (MAGI), October 2008.
- Guest speaker at the seminar “The Future of Clinical Research in Canada,” organized by the Canadian Institutes of Health Research, June 2008.
- Canadian Bar Association
- Member of the board of directors of La Capitale Civil Service Insurer
- Member of the board of directors of the Festival d'été de Québec
- Member of the board of directors of the Musée de la civilisation de Québec
- Member of the firm of the Jeunes Musiciens du Monde campaign
- Co-chair of the Forum des gens d'affaires sur l'emploi et l'immigration de la Ville de Québec
- Leader, L'Effet A, Quebec City
- Leader, L'Effet A, Montreal
- Quebec City convention centre (Société du Centre des congrès de Québec)
Publication | July 20, 2020
Publication | January 2020
Publication | January 15, 2019
Publication | October 2018