Gilles Rancourt, CIRC
Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Gilles Rancourt, CIRCvCard
Gilles Rancourt has extensive experience in many areas of employment and labour law, including grievance arbitration, certification, collective agreement decrees, collective bargaining, employment standards, individual contracts of employment, human rights and freedoms, and restrictive covenants relating to employment. He successfully argued a case on the latter topic before the Supreme Court of Canada.
Mr. Rancourt frequently pleads before administrative tribunals with jurisdiction in labour law matters and before the civil courts, including the Québec Court of Appeal and the Supreme Court of Canada, and represents government authorities in public sector collective agreement negotiations. He is a frequent guest speaker on a variety of issues pertaining to employment law and human resource management and is a special contributor to the book Comment gérer un employé difficile, published by Les Éditions Transcontinental Inc., Collection Les Affaires. Mr. Rancourt teaches collective bargaining and labour law at the Québec Bar Admission Course.
- LL.B., Université Laval, 1999
- B.A. (industrial relations), Université Laval, 1996
- Quebec 2000
- Chambers Canada, Quebec: Employment and Labour, Chambers and Partners, 2022-2023
- Best Lawyers in Canada: Labour and Employment Law, 2020-2024
- Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory, 2015-2023: recommended in Labour Relations (Management); 2017-2023: recommended in Employment Law (Employer)
- Canadian Bar Association
- Ordre des conseillers en ressources humaines agréés
- Certified Industrial Relations Counsellor (CIRC)