Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
Sam Zadeh practises corporate and securities law, with emphasis on public and private mergers and acquisitions (M&A), restructurings and financings.
Mr. Zadeh works with clients in a variety of industries, including: banking, fintech, pharmaceuticals, retail/production, real estate and technology. He has acted for clients on friendly and contested M&A transactions (including statutory plans of arrangement, take-over bids and amalgamations), strategic transactions (including capital reorganizations and reverse take-over transactions) and public offerings (including of equities, covered bonds and notes). He also advises clients on ongoing continuous disclosure, corporate governance and regulatory matters.
Prior to joining our Toronto office, Mr. Zadeh completed an internship with the legal department of RBC Investor & Treasury Services in Luxembourg City. Prior to pursuing his legal career, he worked as an analyst at a merchant and investment bank in Toronto.
- Ontario 2016
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Nuuvera Inc., in its $425 million sale to Aphria Inc. by way of statutory plan of arrangement
- HEXO Corp., in its $263 million acquisition of Newstrike Brands by way of statutory plan of arrangement
- Agrium Inc., in its $36 billion merger transaction with Potash Corporation of Saskatchewan Inc.
- Canadian Oil Sands Ltd., in its defence of the unsolicited take-over bid made by Suncor Energy Inc., which ultimately resulted in a negotiated transaction representing total transaction value of $6.6 billion
- Mount Logan Capital Inc., in its capital reorganization by way of statutory plan of arrangement, $40.5 million concurrent financing and listing on Aequitas NEO Exchange
- Royal Bank of Canada, in its $1.5 billion offering of 2.74% non-viability contingent capital (NVCC) subordinated notes due July 25, 2029
- Royal Bank of Canada, in its $300 million offering of NVCC non-cumulative, 5-year rate reset preferred shares Series BO
- Royal Bank of Canada, in its €32 billion global covered bond programme and various issuances in USD, CAD, EUR, GBP and AUD currencies
- Canadian Bar Association
- Ontario Bar Association
- Law Society of Upper Canada