Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
Noah Schein's practice covers all aspects of corporate finance, with an emphasis on multi-jurisdictional structured financings. He acts for Canadian and international financial institutions and borrowers in connection with finance transactions, including asset-based lending, syndicated financings, securitizations, debt capital markets transactions and insolvency and restructuring matters. Noah also advises clients on corporate matters and mergers & acquisitions.
Noah obtained his CPA, CA designation while working as a senior analyst in the mergers and acquisitions tax department of an international accounting firm. During that time, Noah worked on numerous mergers and acquisitions, capital markets transactions and tax structuring projects on behalf of a wide range of clients, including public and private companies and private equity firms.
B.B.A., Schulich School of Business, York University, 2006
- Ontario 2013
Noah has recently acted for the following clients:
- Pacific Exploration & Production Corporation (now Frontera Energy Corp.) in connection with a CCAA restructuring that involved a new internationally secured $500 million financing and the equitization of approximately US$5.3 billion of Pacific's debt, including the company's senior unsecured notes, credit facilities and certain other obligations
- Wells Fargo Bank, National Association and Wells Fargo Capital Finance Corporation Canada, as administrative agent and collateral agent, in connection with several asset-based credit facilities totaling U.S.$2.2 billion in respect of the acquisition of Staples Inc.
- SNC-Lavalin Group Inc. in connection with financing matters related to the acquisition of WS Atkins plc. for $3.6 billion. The financing included a C$1.5 billion limited recourse loan from CDPQ, a £300 million term loan and an approximately £350 million draw on SNC-Lavalin's existing credit facility
- JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A., as administrative agent, in connection with a US$1.1 billion term loan credit facility and a US$375 million asset based revolving credit facility, each in favour of a leading global specialty health, wellness and performance retailer
- Wells Fargo Bank, National Association, as administrative agent in the successful restructuring of Payless ShoeSource, Inc. through a confirmed plan of reorganization under Chapter 11 of the U.S. Bankruptcy Code and a recognition proceeding under the CCAA. Wells Fargo provided a debtor-in-possession credit facility in the aggregate amount of U.S.$305 million and an exit facility in the aggregate amount of U.S.$260 million
- Bank of America, N.A., as agent, in connection with an asset based revolving credit facility in favour of Toys "R" Us Canada. The facility was put in place in connection with the purchase by Fairfax Financial Holdings of all the share capital and business of Toys "R" Us Canada for a purchase price of $300 million following the emergence of Toys "R" Us Canada from restructuring proceedings under the Companies' Creditors Arrangement Act and Chapter 11 of the U.S. Bankruptcy Code.
- Bank of America, N.A., as administrative agent, in connection with a multi-billion dollar senior secured credit facility in favour of Univar Inc.
- A major automobile manufacturer and retailer in connection with a $750 million receivables purchase agreement and a $350 million auto lease securitization program
- JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A., in connection with a $650 million facility in favour of G-III Apparel Group, Ltd., the proceeds of which were used, in part, to fund the acquisition of Donna Karan International, Inc.
- Wells Fargo Bank, National Association, as administrative agent, in connection with a U.S.$150 million and C$40 million IFRS off-balance sheet trade receivables securitization program
- Board of Governors’ Medal, University of Windsor, highest standing in law school class
- The Legal 500 Canada: Banking and finance (Rising Star), 2021
- Canadian Bar Association
- Ontario Bar Association
- Law Society of Upper Canada
- Chartered Professional Accountants of Canada
- Chartered Professional Accountants of Ontario