Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
Ahad Ahmed practises corporate and commercial law, with a particular emphasis on mergers and acquisitions, banking and project finance, corporate finance, debt capital markets and private equity. He also advises clients on matters related to corporate governance, corporate reorganizations and commercial contracts.
Mr. Ahmed regularly advises lenders, developers, early-stage start-up companies, venture capital funds, project authorities and established businesses through a wide variety of industries. He has considerable experience in domestic and cross-border transactions. Currently, he is an editor of and frequent contributor to our M&A blog, Deal Law Wire.
Prior to joining us, Mr. Ahmed worked for several years as a consultant in the infrastructure and development space, where he gained valuable experience with and exposure to projects across Canada.
- Ontario 2016
Mr. Ahmed has recently acted for the following clients:
- RK Mine Finance Master Fund I Limited in a USD $250 million senior secured project debt facility to Continental Gold Limited in connection with the Buriticá gold mine in Antioquia, Colombia.
- A private company in its sale to Google Canada Inc. by way of a share purchase acquisition.
- Lundin Gold Inc. in connection with a project finance package of USD $400 to $450 million with the Orion Mine Finance Group and Blackstone Tactical Opportunities for the Fruta del Norte project in Ecuador.
- The City of Ottawa in connection with the Stage 2 LRT expansion project.
- A private technology company with its Series A financing for CAD $2.5 million.
- Metrolinx and Infrastructure Ontario with the CAD $2.5 billion Finch West light rail transit project.
- A US-based private equity fund in a USD $60 million acquisition through an "exchangeable share transaction" of an existing Canadian corporation.
- Mercer (US) Inc. with its acquisition of Pavilion Financial Corporation by way of plan of arrangement.
- CAE Inc. in connection with its issuance of USD $450 million aggregate principal amount of senior unsecured notes and the amendment, extension and upsizing of its series A notes for USD $150 million.
- Canadian Bar Association
- Ontario Bar Association