Norton Rose Fulbright South Africa Inc
Related services and key industries
Caleb Jones is an associate in the corporate mergers and acquisitions team in the Cape Town office. He specialises in general corporate and commercial matters, focusing primarily on mergers, acquisitions, disposals, corporate restructuring, and general corporate advice relating to the Companies Act, 2008.
Caleb has experience in both local and cross-border acquisitions in a variety of sectors, including the financial, energy and transport sectors. He also has experience in drafting corporate agreements and documents, including, among others, shareholder agreements, memoranda of incorporation, sale of business agreements, sale of share agreements, share repurchase agreements, share subscription agreements, and supporting corporate resolutions.
Bachelors of Laws (summa cum laude) from the University of KwaZulu-Natal
- Attorney, qualified in South Africa
- Advising and assisting Travel Counsellors South Africa (Pty) Ltd in relation to a BEE restructuring of their South African business .
- Advising and assisting Commonwealth Bank of Australia ABN in relation to the disposal by Commonwealth Bank of Australia ABN of their entire interest in their local South African subsidiaries to the African Rainbow Capital Group with a transaction value of R500 million.
- Advising and assisting Texton Property Fund Limited (a company listed on the JSE) with the internalisation of its asset management functions with a transaction value of R300 million.
- Assisting and advising Fusion Energy (Pty) Ltd in relation to the disposal of its interests in a biomass renewable energy project .
- Advising Prudential Investment Managers (South Africa) (Pty) Ltd as to their rights as minority shareholders of Tsogo Sun Holding Ltd and Hospitality Property Fund Limited in relation to a proposed related party transaction with a transaction value of R23 billion.
- Assisting and advising a South African advertising and communications agency in relation to the buy-out of minority shareholders (details omitted due to confidentiality).
- Advising and assisting Adventis Limited, a Jersey based asset management company, with the acquisition of a controlling interest in Africa Merchant Capital (Pty) Ltd, a local investment management company.
- Advising and assisting the DNV GL Group with the restructuring and consolidation of their South African businesses.