Norton Rose Fulbright South Africa Inc
Elizabeth is a property finance lawyer, conveyancer and notary based in our Cape Town office.
She focuses on commercial and residential mortgage financing, with a special interest in sectional title schemes and property tax.
She is proficient in structuring of property transactions, strategies and implementation of commercial – and mixed use developments with recent instructions within the team from listed property funds including Growthpoint and Ingenuity. She also advises on tax relating to property issues and commercial property transactions.
The key clients in mortgage finance and securitisation of commercial and residential property finance transactions are all major financial institutions including First Rand Group (First National Bank), Investec, ABSA , Standard Bank and Nedbank.
In the renewable energy sector she advises with the teams, dealing primarily with the permitting land issues, leases, servitudes and restrictive title deed conditions, especially those behind the intricate pivot deed system, applicable only in Western Province. Her notarial work includes advising on and drafting of various servitudes, rights of way, general – and special notarial bonds.
Elizabeth holds a B Proc (UOFS) and a Dip Tax Prac (UJ). She completed her articles in Johannesburg, spent her initial professional years pursuing a career in High Court litigation and was subsequently admitted as a conveyancer and notary, practicing for more than 30 years.
She is a member of the Law Societies of the Northern Provinces, KwaZulu-Natal, and Cape Provinces. She is a Springbok athlete in long-distance endurance events and duathlons. She joined the Group in 2005 and currently practices as a Director in the Cape Town Real Estate team of the firm.
Elizabeth's general experience includes; all conveyancing and notarial work; township/sectional developments; lease agreements (commercial and residential); advice on residential, industrial and commercial projects and development; and subdivisions and consolidations.
Advising on and registering:
- Branded marketer service stations on behalf of Chevron, nationally;
- Notarial servitudes of restraint on trading on behalf of Chevron, nationally;
- Commercial and residential mortgage finance securities on behalf of all major financial institutions; and
- Securities for property developers and large corporates.
- All conveyancing and notarial work;
- Township / sectional developments;
- Lease agreements (commercial and residential);
- Advice on residential, industrial and commercial projects and development; and
- Subdivisions and consolidations.