Norton Rose Fulbright South Africa Inc
Related services and key industries
Keshri is a senior associate in the projects team based in Durban. She specialises in the construction, engineering and energy sectors and advises on construction contracts, litigation and arbitrations in various leading construction disputes, both locally and internationally.
Keshri joined the Durban practice in August 2013 having graduated in law from the University of KwaZulu-Natal in 1999. Keshri was previously employed by another prominent Durban law firm where she completed her articles and was appointed as a senior associate.
- Advising on business structures for construction projects including joint ventures, consortia, collaboration agreements, strategic alliance agreements, partnership agreements and limited companies.
- Negotiation and drafting of construction and professional contracts, including the JBCC, GCC, FIDIC, NEC3 and PROCSA suites of agreements, including performance disputes.
- Representing owners, lenders and contractors in various renewable energy projects under the REIPPP programme in South Africa, including negotiation, drafting and implementation of EPC and O&M contracts, advising on the insurance and guarantee requirements and performance disputes. Some of these projects are Abengoa Solar, Tsitsikamma Community Wind Farm, Ilangalethu Solar and Bokpoort Solar.
- Conducting extensive due diligence and risk investigations on EPC and O&M contracts for lenders in respect of several projects under REIPPP.
- Representing parastatals including Transnet SOC Ltd, Airports Company South Africa SOC Ltd and South African National Roads Agency SOC Ltd in large-scale litigation, alternative dispute resolution and commercial transactions.
- Advised on various construction related disputes in the Matola Project upgrade Phase 3.5 including extensions of time, penalties and completion, adjudication and arbitration proceedings and assisted with drafting of the Phase 4 contracts.
- Act for owners of a CSP plant in an arbitration in the ICC International Court of Arbitration.
- Provided in-house training to parastatals on FIDIC and NEC3 contracts.