Norton Rose Fulbright South Africa Inc
Related services and key industries
- Acquisition finance and corporate lending
- Banking and finance
- Emerging markets
- Islamic finance
- Power and utilities
- Regulation and investigations
Raghemah is a project finance and banking lawyer based in the Johannesburg office.
She focuses on financial institutions, energy, real estate and mining and specialises in project finance, acquisition finance, real estate finance, Islamic finance and preference share finance. She has extensive experience advising major commercial banks, development finance institutions, sponsors and developers in her areas of expertise in South Africa as well as other jurisdictions on the African continent.
She joined the practice as a candidate attorney in 2011 and has worked her way up the ranks, having been promoted to director in January 2020.
She holds a BCom Honours (Business Finance and Investment) and an LLB (cum laude) degree from the University of Witwatersrand. Raghemah was on the University of Witwatersrand Deans list and is also a member of the Golden Key International Honour Society.
- Enel Green Power – Advised Enel on the multi-tranche financing facilities for a portfolio of five wind projects in South Africa under round 4 of the REIPPP Programme. The portfolio totals approximately 700 MW of capacity at an estimated value of approximately €950m.
- Akuo Kita Solar - Advised The Emerging Africa Infrastructure Fund Limited (acting through its agent and investment manager Investec Asset Management Proprietary Limited), Nederlandse Financierings-Maatschappij Voor Ontwikkelingslanden N.V., and other international financiers in relation to the financing of a 50.2MW solar photovoltaic plant in Sikasso, Mali.
- Sibanye Gold Limited – Advised Sibanye Gold Limited in relation to a corporate power purchase agreement for the purchase of electricity from a solar photovoltaic power plant.
- Ilangalethu CSP1 - Advised sponsors, including Group Cobra South Africa Proprietary Limited, Industrial Development Corporation of South Africa Limited and Emvelo Holdings Proprietary Limited in respect of a 100MW concentrated solar power facility in the Northern Cape Province in South Africa.
- Tsitsikamma Wind Farm - Advised Nedbank Limited (acting through its Nedbank capital division) in relation to the financing, of a 95.325MW wind power generation facility located on the Project Site in the Kareedouw region of the Eastern Cape Province in South Africa.
- South African Renewable Energy Independent Power Producer (IPP) Procurement Programme, South Africa – Advised various sponsors in bid preparation for Round 3, Round 3.5, Round 4 and the Expedited Round bid submissions.