Related services and key industries
Rosalind is director at Norton Rose Fulbright specialising in competition and consumer law.
Rosalind has extensive experience in regulatory investigations and compliance audits. She is highly skilled in developing and implementing customised compliance programmes and training employees on how to comply with the law.
Rosalind has substantial experience in cartel investigations, leniency applications, merger notifications and competition law opinions across all sectors. She advises clients on merger filings and consumer protection issues across a number of African jurisdictions, including COMESA.
Rosalind is listed as a recommended competition lawyer in Legal500, 2018. She has also been recommended by top international research publication Legal500 as 'very efficient, thorough and knowledgeable' and having a 'tremendous reputation'. Rosalind is ranked by Chambers Global 2016 as 'up and coming' in relation to competition law. Chambers Global, 2017 describe Rosalind as "a pleasure to work with."
Rosalind also heads up the Consumer Protection practice and advises clients across all industries on the Consumer Protection Act including bringing their practices in line with the Act requirements and related sector regulation. This includes marketing practices; contractual reviews; disclaimer and plain language reviews; distribution strategies and contracts; promotional competitions and offers; product warranties, liability and recall, and all aspects of franchising. She also advises on privacy issues in terms of the Protection of Personal Information Act in relation to marketing practices and customer database management.
Rosalind co-authored the book Understanding the Consumer Protection Act, published by Juta Law in 2012 which focuses on making the contents of the laws understandable and practically enforceable for business and consumers alike. Rosalind is a regular conference and guest speaker and is often interviewed on television and radio as a specialist in Competition and Consumer Protection-related topics. She also frequently contributes articles to mainstream, academic and specialist publications on these subjects.
- Attorney, qualified in South Africa
- Advising Steinhoff on obtaining merger clearance for its acquisition of Pepkor in South Africa, Botswana, Namibia and COMESA
- Advising international shipping company NYK Line in relation to the successful settlement of two cartel complaints
- Advising Bridgestone South Africa on competition law matters including its role as a leniency applicant in a complaint before the Competition Tribunal
- Advising the Council for Medical Schemes in relation to two self-referred complaints of price-fixing against associations of doctors
- Advising Masonite Africa Limited on obtaining merger clearance in respect of its Business Rescue Plan
- Advising Nissan and Mitsubishi in respect of Nissan's global acquisition of Mitsubishi Motor Corporation.
- BA (Rhodes University - Dean's merit list)
- LLB (Rhodes University- Dean's merit list)
- Master of Laws -thesis - employment discrimination law (Rhodes University - with distinction)
- Member of the Law Society of the Northern Provinces
Publication | July 2018
Reaching agreement on employees with competing employers may land you in hot water with competition authorities
Publication | May 2018
Publication | December 2017
Publication | June 2016