Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
Peter Riddell’s practice is focused on mergers and acquisitions, venture capital financing, and joint venture and other commercial arrangements.
Peter has developed a relatively broad business law practice ranging from advising large multinational corporations in the context of cross-border M&A, to smaller emerging scale-ups in early and later stage financings. He represents clients in various industries, including aerospace, agriculture, technology, pharma, renewable energy and entertainment.
- Quebec 2010
Clients for whom Mr. Riddell has acted include:
- CAE Inc. in connection with its acquisition of Alpha-Omega Change Engineering, Inc. and other M&A activity.
- Bombardier Inc. in the sale of a minority interest in its C-series aviation program to Investissement Québec, and subsequent sale of a majority stake in such program to Airbus.
- Agrisoma Biosciences Inc. in connection with a $15 million Series B financing round led by Cycle Capital, BDC and Lune Rouge; a subsequent $12 million investment round led by Cycle Capital and including BDC, Lune Rouge and Desjardins; and general corporate, commercial and governance matters.
- Special committee of the board of directors of Lumenpulse Group Inc. in connection with its $600 million going-private transaction.
- Various start-ups and VC funds in early-stage debt and equity financings.
- Stornoway Diamond Corporation in its $946 million comprehensive financing transaction with US private equity firm Orion Mine Finance, Investissement Québec, and the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec to fund the construction of the Renard Diamond Project, Quebec's first diamond mine
- Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec in its initial investment of approximately US$500 million in a portfolio of approximately 1,500 megawatts (MW) of operating wind farms in the United States and Canada that are owned and operated by Invenergy Wind, subsequent add-on investments and related transactions, and ongoing corporate and commercial matters in connection therewith
- Turquoise Hill Resources in the disposition of its interest in Oyut Ulaan LLC in Mongolia, a copper-gold project
- Icahn Enterprises LP in its US$340 million acquisition of the US automobile aftermarket product distribution business of TSX-listed Uni-Select Inc.
- Member, board of directors, Depot Community Food Centre (formerly the NDG Food Depot)
- Member, board of directors, Adopte Inc.
- Canadian Bar Association
- Young Bar Association of Montreal