Related services and key industries
India is an associate in our Energy and Construction Disputes and International Arbitration practice and has experience in a number of sectors, including energy, mining and minerals, infrastructure, trade and shipping. Her experience covers court litigation, international arbitration and alternative dispute resolution. India also spent a six-month secondment in our Singapore office where she gained experience in the transport sector across Asia-Pacific.
She is a regular presenter on legal topics and developments, both internally and to clients. India presented at the 2020 Energy Academy on "Gas, LNG and the energy transition" and presented a webinar at the 2020 Projects Academy on "When Projects Turn South – Traps for the Unwary" which can be accessed on demand and forms part of our NRF Energy Academy and Projects Academy.
Legal professional qualifications
- Legal Practice Course (2016)
- Graduate Diploma in Law (2014), Gold Award
- MA in English Literature (2013) - Distinction, Floreat Scholarship
- BA in English Literature (2012) - First Class Honours, Baxter Prize
- Admitted as a solicitor in England & Wales
- Assisting an NOC in LCIA arbitration for disputed variation claims exceeding US$80m brought by a drilling contractor for a drilling campaign offshore West Africa.
- Assisting an IOC in LCIA arbitration for post M&A breach of warranty and indemnity claims exceeding US$130m following the sale of its onshore business in a West African state.
- Successfully representing a dual-listed gold mining company and its subsidiary in a multi-million dollar London seated arbitration claim brought against it by its earthworks and civils contractor in connection with a gold mine in West Africa. The mine owner was also awarded a substantial counterclaim and its legal costs.
- Assisting a Middle Eastern power company in relation to a claim against a national electricity and water company.
- Assisting an operator of an onshore licence with a claim brought in the Technology and Construction Court (TCC) for unpaid invoices against one of the JOA partners.
- Advising a joint venture between Urbaser and Balfour Beatty on a claim brought in the TCC by Essex County Council under a PFI contract for the construction and operation of a mechanical and biological waste treatment plant in Essex which produces solid recovered fuel for energy generation.
- Acting for an IOC in High Court litigation proceedings in relation to the illegal tapping of UK oil pipelines. Advocated at a successful application hearing for a charging order over the defendant's property.
- Advising an NOC in relation to its offshore subsidiaries and vessels.
- Acting for a UK steel producer in a potential claim against its gas supplier for failure to supply gas.
- Lexology - Getting the Deal Through, Introduction and UK Chapter 2020, 2021
- Case Updater: PCP v Barclays Bank Plc, November 2020 - https://www.nortonrosefulbright.com/en/inside-disputes-and-investigations/blog/case-updater-pcp-v-barclays-waiver-of-privilege
- Case Updater: Apache North Sea Limited v INEOS FPS Limited, September 2020 - https://www.nortonrosefulbright.com/en/knowledge/publications/2613056a/case-updater-apache-north-sea-limited-v-ineos-fps-limited
- Third-party funding in investor-state arbitration, July 2018 - https://www.insideafricalaw.com/blog/third-party-funding-in-investor-state-arbitration
- To seat or not to seat? That was the question in Atlas Power decision, June 2018 - http://www.nortonrosefulbright.com/knowledge/publications/168720/to-seat-or-not-to-seat-that-was-the-question-in-atlas-power-decision
- West Tankers stays on course in recent anti-suit decision, December 2018 - http://www.nortonrosefulbright.com/knowledge/publications/171645/west-tankers-stays-on-course-in-recent-anti-suit-decision
Publication | June 16, 2021
Blog | March 30, 2021
Publication | March 24, 2021
UK Supreme Court clarifies issues on parent company liability in Okpabi and others v Royal Dutch Shell Plc
Publication | February 17, 2021