Related services and key industries
India Furse is a litigation and dispute resolution lawyer based in London.
India's dispute experience covers court litigation, international arbitration and alternative dispute resolution, focusing on the energy, trade and shipping industry sectors. India spent six months on secondment in the firm's Singapore office where she gained experience in the transport sector across Asia-Pacific.
Legal professional qualifications
- Legal Practice Course (2016)
- Graduate Diploma in Law (2014), Gold Award
- MA in English Literature (2013) - Distinction, Floreat Scholarship
- BA in English Literature (2012) - First Class Honours, Baxter Prize
- Admitted as a solicitor in England & Wales
- Successfully represented a dual listed gold mining company and its subsidiary in a multi-million dollar London seated arbitration claim brought against it by its earthworks and civils contractor in connection with a gold mine in West Africa. The mine owner was also awarded a substantial counterclaim and its legal costs.
- Acting for a Middle Eastern power company in relation to disputes being brought against a national electricity and water supplier. The disputes are in the process of being referred for expert determination under a power and water purchase agreement.
- Acting for a UK steel producer in a mediation being brought against its gas supplier for failure to supply gas.
- Acting for an energy major in ongoing High Court litigation proceedings against an individual for the illegal tapping of UK oil pipelines.
- Advising a national oil and gas group in Southern Africa in relation to its offshore subsidiaries and vessels.
- Advising on third party access to infrastructure disputes in the UKCS, including under the Energy Act 2011.
- Third-party funding in investor-state arbitration, July 2018 - https://www.insideafricalaw.com/blog/third-party-funding-in-investor-state-arbitration
- To seat or not to seat? That was the question in Atlas Power decision, June 2018 - http://www.nortonrosefulbright.com/knowledge/publications/168720/to-seat-or-not-to-seat-that-was-the-question-in-atlas-power-decision
- West Tankers stays on course in recent anti-suit decision, December 2018 - http://www.nortonrosefulbright.com/knowledge/publications/171645/west-tankers-stays-on-course-in-recent-anti-suit-decision
Publication | December 2018
Publication | June 2018