Related services and key industries
India is an associate in our Energy and Construction Disputes and International Arbitration practice and has experience in a number of sectors, including energy, mining and minerals, infrastructure, trade and shipping. Her experience covers court litigation, international arbitration and alternative dispute resolution. India also spent a six-month secondment in our Singapore office where she gained experience in the transport sector across Asia-Pacific.
India is a regular presenter on legal topics and developments, both internally and to clients. She presented at the 2020 Energy Academy on "Gas, LNG and the energy transition" and presented a webinar at the 2020 Projects Academy on "When Projects Turn South – Traps for the Unwary" which can be accessed on demand and forms part of our NRF Energy Academy and Projects Academy.
Legal professional qualifications
- Legal Practice Course (2016)
- Graduate Diploma in Law (2014), Gold Award
- MA in English Literature (2013) - Distinction, Floreat Scholarship
- BA in English Literature (2012) - First Class Honours, Baxter Prize
- Admitted as a solicitor in England & Wales
- Successfully represented a dual listed gold mining company and its subsidiary in a multi-million dollar London seated arbitration claim brought against it by its earthworks and civils contractor in connection with a gold mine in West Africa. The mine owner was also awarded a substantial counterclaim and its legal costs.
- Acting for a Middle Eastern power company in relation to disputes being brought against a national electricity and water supplier. The disputes are in the process of being referred for expert determination under a power and water purchase agreement.
- Acting for a UK steel producer in a mediation being brought against its gas supplier for failure to supply gas.
- Acting for an energy major in ongoing High Court litigation proceedings against an individual for the illegal tapping of UK oil pipelines.
- Advising a national oil and gas group in Southern Africa in relation to its offshore subsidiaries and vessels.
- Advising on third party access to infrastructure disputes in the UKCS, including under the Energy Act 2011.
- Third-party funding in investor-state arbitration, July 2018 - https://www.insideafricalaw.com/blog/third-party-funding-in-investor-state-arbitration
- To seat or not to seat? That was the question in Atlas Power decision, June 2018 - http://www.nortonrosefulbright.com/knowledge/publications/168720/to-seat-or-not-to-seat-that-was-the-question-in-atlas-power-decision
- West Tankers stays on course in recent anti-suit decision, December 2018 - http://www.nortonrosefulbright.com/knowledge/publications/171645/west-tankers-stays-on-course-in-recent-anti-suit-decision
Publication | December 2018
Publication | June 2018