Norton Rose Fulbright Hong Kong
Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
Anna is a partner at Norton Rose Fulbright, based in Hong Kong. She heads the firm's Cyber Risk practice for Asia Pacific.
Anna's practice focuses primarily on privacy, technology and communications related issues. She advises clients on privacy and data protection, cybersecurity and breach response, telecommunications and Internet regulatory issues, technology agreements and outsourcing transactions. She has been in Hong Kong for the last 17 years and has assisted clients with Hong Kong and China based projects, as well as having a wealth of experience in multi-jurisdictional projects, particularly in implementing e-commerce and data management projects in Asia and across the globe.
Anna is co-author to Internet Law in Hong Kong published by Sweet & Maxwell and is recognized in the Legal 500 and Chambers Asia as a leading individual for her expertise in the areas of technology and data protection, in particular as being "a leader in the privacy space" and for her experience across a number of industries, notably with retail and luxury brands.
Anna is a Fellow of Information Privacy (FIP) with the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP) and holds the CIPT and CIPP/Asia certifications. She sits on the IAPP Asia Advisory Board and the Women Leading Privacy Board. She is admitted as a solicitor in Hong Kong and Queensland, Australia.
- Solicitor, qualified in Hong Kong
- Assisted an Asian bank with the implementation of terms for preparation and the use of biometric authentication in its mobile app.
- Advised a major global financial institution on a US$100 million outsourcing of its know your client processes to the service provider facilities in China and Ireland.
- Advised an international hotel group on contractual arrangements for the acquisition of the group's cloud data facilities.
- Advised a major Chinese e-commerce company on the set up of its points of presence and internet data centres globally.
- Assisted an international financial institution with the negotiation regarding the renewal of its data centre contract with a leading IT company.
- Advised an international education provider on its data hub strategy and implementation of its global privacy compliance program.
- Advised an international fashion brand on its setup of a global e-commerce website for use in over 40 countries, including drafting and reviewing the website terms or use, privacy and cookies policy.
- Advised a leading cosmetic brand on handling a breach incident affecting its website including customer management and regulatory notification in 20 countries.
- Advised an international airline on its implementation and rollout of a global privacy compliance program for customer and employees data.
- Advised an international hotel group on breach response and regulatory issues following a cyber-attack on its reservation booking provider affecting its hotels in Asia, Europe and the US.
- Advised a luxury fashion brand on the data privacy implications of the implementation of a regional CRM system.
- Advised one of the world's leading e-commerce platform providers on its joint venture to launch an online auction marketplace in China.
- Advised a US software company on the build and operation of a development centre in China to accommodate the outsourcing of development, testing and support services for its products and services.
- Assisted a US fashion retailer in the set up and rollout of its Asian e-commerce platform including the review of terms and conditions, privacy and marketing policies and providing on going assistance with respect to use of data for targeted promotions.
Publication | March 28, 2019
Webinar | Various dates to choose from
Publication | August 2017
Publication | July 2017