Norton Rose Fulbright Hong Kong
Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
Ruby Kwok’s practice focuses on regulatory issues in the technology media and telecommunications sectors of Hong Kong and China, with an emphasis on privacy and data protection, online services and telecommunications. She has also advised on technology and commercial agreements.
Ms. Kwok graduated from King's College London with a LL.B. in 2009 and from University of Hong Kong with a P.C.LL. in 2010. She is admitted as a solicitor in Hong Kong.
- Solicitor, qualified in Hong Kong
- Advising various insurance institutions on privacy and data transfer issues for use in Hong Kong.
- Advising a US-based fashion retailer on consumer protection, personal data protection and marketing issues in relation to the opening of its online and first brick-and-mortar retail stores in Hong Kong and China.
- Advising an Italian fashion brand on the privacy policies for use in Hong Kong, China, Korea, Macau, Taiwan, Saipan, Guam, Malaysia, Singapore and Thailand.
- Advising a French fashion brand on regulatory issues pertaining to its online store targeting end-users in Hong Kong.
- Advising a multinational internet service company on the launch of its online sales channel in Hong Kong, providing advice on telecommunications licensing requirements, data protection/privacy issues, direct marketing/advertising and consumer laws issues.
- Advising a major theme park on various Internet, marketing, consumer protection and privacy related issues.
- Advising various companies on the investigations conducted by the Hong Kong Privacy Commissioner for Personal Data in relation to the collection, processing, use and/or transfer of personal data.
- Advising various companies on supplier and sales, distiribution, franchise agreements for use in Hong Kong.
- Advising various multinational information technology companies on telecommunications licensing issues in Hong Kong.
- Advising various online travel agents on licensing, consumer protection , marketing/advertising and privacy related issues in Hong Kong
- Assisting in due diligence exercise from a privacy/data protection and telecommunications perspective.