Director - Practice & Knowledge Innovation
Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Michelle Fernando works with the Canadian and global knowledge and innovation teams to implement a knowledge and innovation strategy to work smarter and more efficiently. With nearly 15 years of experience in this area, Michelle leads a practice innovation team at the firm, helping our practice groups address their pain points in part by leveraging legal technologies. Michelle is co-chair of the Innovation Working Group and a member of the Innovation Investment Steering Committee.
Prior to joining Norton Rose Fulbright, Ms. Fernando played a key role in developing and implementing knowledge management, legal process improvement and legal project management initiatives at her former firm. Ms. Fernando is certified by the Legal Lean Sigma Institute in Legal Lean Sigma and Project Management.
LL.B., Osgoode Hall Law School, 2002
- Ontario 2003
- Gold Award - The LexisNexis Canada Award for Best Use of Technology in a Law Firm, Canadian Law Awards 2022
- Excellence Award - Best Use of Technology in a Law Firm, Canadian Law Awards 2021
- Gold Award - Best Use of Technology in a Law Firm, Canadian Law Awards 2020
- Highly Recommended Designation - Legal Week Innovation Awards 2019
- Global Chair Innovation Award - Norton Rose Fulbright 2018
- Canadian Bar Association
- Ontario Bar Association
- Law Society of Upper Canada
- Toronto Knowledge Management Legal Forum
- International Legal Technology Association