Norton Rose Fulbright Australia
Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
Kathy Prince is a real estate lawyer based in Brisbane.
Kathy has experience of a wide range of property work, including property developments, acquisitions, disposals, leasing and general property matters.
Kathy has practised as a real estate lawyer in the UK and Australia, and has had in house roles in both the private and public sectors in Australia.
- Supreme Court of New South Wales 2003
- Supreme Court of England and Wales 1997
- WIRCON Group's Wirsol Energy - on the acquisition and project financing of the Whitsunday and Hamilton Solar Farms in Collinsville Queensland. The Whitsunday project was financed by ARENA, with additional project finance provided by CBA, NordLB and Clean Energy Finance Corporation, comprising the first portfolio acquisition and financing of utility scale solar PV in Australia, and the first financing for solar PV with merchant exposure and long term debt from the local market.
- BlackRock - on the acquisition and financing of 150MW (Daydream) and 50MW (Hayman) solar farms, financed by Commonwealth Bank of Australia, Natixis and Clean Energy Finance Corporation, being BlackRock's first renewable power investment in Australia.
- RES Australia - on the development, financing and sale of Emerald Solar Farm, which benefits from the first Telstra Corporate Power Purchase Agreement in Australia. The purchaser was financed by NAB and Westpac.
- WIRCON Group's Wirsol Energy - on the largest merchant financing of solar projects in Australia to date for the Clermont and Wemen Solar Farms. The Clean Energy Finance Corporation was the sole debt financier, with financial close achieved in December 2017.
- Goodman - on the restructuring of property trusts for property investments in Qld.
- Industria REIT and APN Property Group - on various property transactions and leasing.
- Queen's Wharf Brisbane Project - lead in house counsel for the entire competitive bid process, and negotiation of Project Documentation with the preferred proponent (Destination Brisbane Consortium) for the Project; and the proposed structuring and delivery of this landmark integrated resort project in Brisbane; advising the State on the drafting of Project specific legislation and advising the Minister during political debate on the legislation in Parliament.
- Gold Coast and Cairns Integrated Resort Developments - acting as lead in house counsel advising on the competitive bid process for the Gold Coast and Cairns Integrated Resort Developments, including the drafting of Project Documentation for the bid process.
- Mary Valley - on the implementation of the Mary Valley Development Strategy and divestment strategy involving the large scale disposal and grant of development leases for the several hundred properties held by the Co-ordinator General following the rejection of the proposed Traveston Dam.
- Belmont Shooting Range - on tenure documentation required for the construction of the Velodrome and upgrade of Belmont Shooting Range for the Commonwealth Games 2018.
- Cromwell Property Group - in a former role, acting for the group in relation to property transactions across Australia.
- Solicitor qualified in NSW (2003)
- Solicitor qualified in England and Wales (1997)