Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
Sara Zborovski practises regulatory and commercial law for companies regulated by Health Canada. Ms. Zborovski assists clients in navigating the regulatory landscape implemented by the Food and Drugs Act, the Cannabis Act and other legislation and associated regulations overseen by Health Canada and the intersection of these with commercial and intellectual property laws. Ms. Zborovski counsels pharmaceutical, cannabis, food and beverage, natural health product, medical device, cosmetic and tobacco companies on market access, authorizations and licensing, product safety and advertising/marketing these products in Canada.
Ms. Zborovski assists with product licence strategies, market access strategies (including assistance with the Common Drug Review and provincial and private formulary listings) and establishment licensing and GMP/GPP programs. On the compliance side, Ms. Zborovski assists clients in developing SOPs and compliance policies, ensuring compliant packaging and labelling (including label reviews), and provides strategic advice on advertising and marketing programs (including assistance with pre-clearance agencies and representing companies in disputes before the Pharmaceutical Advertising Advisory Board and Advertising Standards Canada). She also advises clients on federal and provincial privacy laws, particularly as these relate to healthcare, and federal and provincial access to information and freedom of information matters.
Ms. Zborovski also works with clients in all industries on matters relating to product safety, including crisis management, advocacy before the inspectorate, and product recalls.
Ms. Zborovski has particular experience with the pharmaceutical, cannabis, and food and beverage industries. She has developed a deep understanding of the regulatory and business realities within which these industries operate through her involvement with industry trade associations, thought leadership, and regular communication with various branches of Health Canada.
- New York State Bar 2001
- Ontario 2002
- Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory, 2017-2019: recommended in Biotechnolgy
- LMG Life Sciences, Life Science Star (Regulatory), 2013-2015
- Chambers Canada, Nationwide: Life Sciences, Chambers and Partners, 2019
- "Eye on Enforcement: Canada's Green Rush - Getting Ready for the Legalization of Adult-Use Cannabis" (co-author), FDLI Update, August-September 2018.
- "Pricing & Reimbursement - Canada Chapter 2018" (co-author), Global Legal Insights.
- "The International Comparative Legal Guide to: Pharmaceutical Advertising - Canada Chapter 2018" (co-author).
- "Top 10 Updates on Canadian Market Access, Exclusivity, and Pricing Issues" (co-author), FDLI Update, March-April 2018.
- "Pricing & Reimbursement - Canada Chapter 2017" (co-author), Global Legal Insights.
- "The International Comparative Legal Guide to: Pharmaceutical Advertising - Canada Chapter 2017" (co-author).
- Canada Industry Overvew, MJBizCon International, August 2018
- “Compliance in the Digital Era," CBI Pharmaceutical Compliance Congress, June 2018
- "Safe Foods for Canadians and other Health Canada Initiatives - What's New," Canadian Institute of Food Science and Technology Annual Conference, May 2018
- "Federal Regulation of Cannabis," The Canadian Institute Canadian Business Conference, February 2018
- "Constructing Ethical Interactions with Stakeholders," CBI Pharmaceutical Compliance Congress, June 2017
- "Advertising Food, Drugs & Health Products," Advertising & Marketing Law Conference, The Canadian Institute, January 2017
- Food and Drug Law Institute's Global Committee, member-at-large
- Instructor, Institute for Food Laws and Regulations Online Course, Michigan State University
- A chair of the University Tribunal, University of Toronto
- Cross-Border Health Dialogue Foundation, Board member (secretary)
- Director, Food Law and Regulatory, Board of the Canadian Institute of Food Science and Technology (national)
Publication | May 16, 2019
Publication | May 2019
Publication | March 13, 2019
Publication | January 2019