Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
Laurence Farmer is a corporate lawyer based in London. He has experience in mining, commodities and infrastructure transactions, and has acted for purchasers, sellers and financial institutions in various M&A, securities and banking matters. He practised in our Montreal office before moving to London.
- McGill University - Integrated B.C.L./LL.B., Law (2012)
- McGill University - Bachelor of Arts, Political Science (Hons)(2008)
- Osgoode Hall Law School, York University - Certificate in Mining Law (2016)
- Quebec Bar - Year of Call 2013
- Quebec 2013
- Randgold Resources plc in its US$18.3 billion all-share merger with Barrick Gold Corporation to create the world's largest gold miner.
- Anadalou Efes in its US$ 2.4 billion 50:50 joint venture with AB InBev and the merger of the companies' existing Russian and Ukrainian businesses
- Canadian Tire on its C$985 million acquisition of Helly Hansen from Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan.
- Rambler Metals and Mining plc in its senior secured convertible loan note financing with CEIII.
- State General Reserve Fund of Oman in its conditional strategic investment and offtake transaction with Bacanora Lithium.
- La Mancha Holdings, in various files, including in its acquisition of a 30% stake in Endeavour Mining Corporation.
- Advised a number of African mining companies in connection with potential strategic investment / IPO opportunities.
- Ivanhoé Cambridge including in its London-based real estate joint ventures with Greystar and in its C$1.5 billion sale of a portfolio of shopping centres and office buildings to Cominar.
"Offtake Agreements and Financing Mine Projects", Canadian Mining Journal, June 2014.