Norton Rose Fulbright LLP
Related services and key industries
George Sismey-Durrant is an environmental, health and safety and planning lawyer based in London.
He has experience of advising on: the environmental, health and safety and planning aspects of sales, acquisitions and refinancings of energy projects and portfolios; legal health and safety compliance reviews of UK-based companies; EU and UK product labelling and safety requirements for various product types; and compulsory purchase procedures.
George also has experience of advising on occupational health litigation, a workplace fatality, product liability and safety matters. George trained with the firm and qualified in September 2018.
- Solicitor qualified in England & Wales 2018
- Assisting Crest Nicholson in responding to an Environment Agency consultation on a groundwater remediation project in Hertfordshire
- Advising on the environmental and health and safety aspects of the purchase of a portfolio of UK landfill gas and coal methane gas plants
- Advising on risk associated with potentially contaminated sites involved in a sale of a UK-based subsidiary of a major Canadian manufacturing company
- Assisting with the environmental aspects of a big-ticket litigation involving a waste processing plant, including coordinating environmental and health and safety experts
- Advising a major UK residential developer on liaising with the Environment Agency on a potential environmental incident.
- Acting for London Gateway Port and Logistics Park on its compulsory acquisition for the road widening of the A13 highway
- Advising Capital Dynamics on the planning and environment aspects of a wind farm portfolio acquisition
- Advising on the preparation of certificates of title for Civitas care homes.
Health & safety experience
- Acting for defendants in an occupational health case relating to hydrocarbon exposure at a remediated construction site
- Advising a high-profile engineering company for a coroner's inquest into a workplace fatality and the proceeding litigation
- Assisting with an environmental, health and safety compliance risk review of a UK-based electronics distributor, including conducting interviews with the company's environmental, health and safety team
- Assisting on the sell-side environment, health and safety due diligence of a global food manufacturing company, including conducting interviews with the global and regional heads of environment, health and safety.
- Advising on product labelling requirements for importing clothing products into the European Union
- Advising on the emergency recall of an alcoholic drink product
- Advising on EU product labelling requirements under the CLP Regulation, the F-Gas Regulation, the Aerosol Dispenser Directive and the Detergents Regulation and coordinating multi-jurisdictional Latin American product labelling advice for a US manufacturer's auto care product range
- Assisting a UK-listed manufacturer's response following product safety and BSI Standard non-conformity allegations from a consumer review magazine
- Advising on the applicability of EU Personal Protective Equipment Regulation.