Elmien Le Roux
Norton Rose Fulbright South Africa Inc
Elmien Le RouxvCard
Related services and key industries
Elmien is a mining lawyer based in Johannesburg.
She has strong experience in a range of industries across mining law, conservation law and municipal and planning law. She has worked with several large mining companies and leading conservation entities advising on regulatory aspects and providing legal support on industry related matters ranging from land use and spatial planning, housing, municipal rates, to the implementation of disposals and acquisitions.
Elmien is an Attorney, Conveyancer and Notary of the High Court of South Africa.
- BA (Law) and an LLB from Rand Afrikaans University, Johannesburg;
- H Dip Insolvency Law from the University of Pretoria and AIPSA;
- LLM with focus on International Environmental Law, Environmental and Sustainability Law, Conservation and Biodiversity Law from the University of Witwatersrand, Johannesburg
- Advising mining companies on regularising and achieving compliance under spatial planning and land use legislation
- Assisting mining company in implementation of sale of surface reclamation operations
- Advising mining company in respect of employee housing scheme and implementation thereof
- Representation of four mining houses, jointly and individually, in various municipal valuation disputes in a number of municipal jurisdictions
- Assisting mining company with regulatory aspects pertaining to the implementation of a chain of sales of mining operation
- Advising international mining company in disposal and acquisition of old order and new order tailings
- Advising mining company in negotiations with land owners and the community in securing land use rights pertaining to land under restitution claim
- Advising mining company in securing water pumping rights
- Advising mining companies on formalisation of mine villages
- Advising Protected Area Programme that focuses on the completion of the declaration of the conservation areas as formal nature reserves and to ensure the regularisation of existing reserves.
- Advising leading nature reserves on an ongoing basis on a variety of conservation related matters such as compliance with conservation legislation, management authority issues, conservation tax incentives, agreements pertaining to game husbandry, game take-off, fencing, management, co-management and fire control, and aspects of spatial and land use legislative instruments impacting on the industry.