Related services and key industries
Melanie Armsby is an intellectual property lawyer based in Melbourne.
Melanie has over nine years' experience working in all aspects of intellectual property protection, enforcement and commercialisation. Melanie's intellectual property experience includes managing patent, trade mark, copyright and registered design litigation in the Federal Court of Australia.
Melanie has acted for clients across a diverse range of industries including technology, pharmaceutical, manufacturing and consumer goods.
- Bachelor of Arts, University of Tasmania (2005)
- Bachelor of Laws (Honours), University of Tasmania (2005)
- Master of Laws, University of Melbourne (2011)
- Supreme Court of Victoria 2007
- High Court of Australia 2007
- Advising clients on issues of ownership of intellectual property and their rights in relation to their intellectual property.
- Managing the conduct of patent and registered design litigation including infringement and revocation proceedings covering a diverse range of subject matter, including LED lighting.
- Preparation of strategies to assist clients to determine best commercial outcomes in patent disputes.
- Intellectual Property Society of Australia and New Zealand (IPSANZ) Trans Tasman National Committee
- Law Institute of Victoria
- Victorian Women Lawyers