Norton Rose Fulbright South Africa Inc
Related services and key industries
Lovanya is an employment and labour lawyer based in Johannesburg. She specialises in employment litigation, specifically in individual employment law.
Her experience includes chairing disciplinary hearings, drafting charge sheets and representing clients at CCMA arbitrations and at the Labour Court.
She advises clients on all aspects of employment law, including handling collective and or derivative misconduct, retrenchments, the enforcement of restraints of trade, the interpretation and application of collective agreements, reviews of arbitration awards, condonation and rescission applications, and organisational rights disputes.
Lovanya began her career at a boutique labour law firm in Durban, where she gained considerable experience in public sector employment litigation while acting for a large trade union since 2011. She then relocated to Gauteng in June 2016 and gained further exposure to employment disputes within highly unionised environments while employed at a legal services advisory firm as a Labour Law Consultant to mining houses, before joining the firm in February 2017.
Lovanya is passionate about employment and labour law and is also a published author in a peer reviewed law journal. Most recently, she presented at an international Industrial Relations conference held in Gaborone, Botswana, in February 2017. She also regularly trains clients on their employment law compliance obligations and is a qualified training facilitator.
- LLB (University of KwaZulu-Natal )
- LLM Business Law (University of KwaZulu-Natal)
- LLM Labour Law (University of KwaZulu-Natal)
- National Certificate in Banking and Risk Management (University of South Africa)
- Attorney, qualified in South Africa 2011
- A critical examination of 'nominee directors' in South Africa, published in the Journal of Corporate and Commerical Law Practice (JCCLP), 2016 (2)
- Member of the Law Society of the Northern Provinces, South Africa
- Member of the South African Society of Labour Law (SASLAW)