Norton Rose Fulbright South Africa Inc
Related services and key industries
Jaqui is a mining lawyer based in Johannesburg.
She joined the practice in February 2017 after completing her articles at another leading law firm from 2015 to 2017.
Jaqui has broad experience in municipal related disputes, planning law, administrative law, real estate, general litigation, conservation law as well as mining law.
Jaqui holds a Bachelor of Arts (BA) degree majoring in political and international studies from Rhodes University, a Bachelor of Law (LLB) degree from Rhodes University, a Postgraduate Certificate in Prospecting and Mining Law (with distinction) from the University of the Witwatersrand and a Master of Laws (LLM) from the University of Witwatersrand.
- Attorney and Public Notary, qualified in South Africa 2017
- Part of the team which acted for the Chamber of Mines of South Africa (now known as the Minerals Council of South Africa) in its court application about the lawfulness and constitutional validity of the Mining Charter, a broad-based socio-economic empowerment charter (a government instrument) that sets the framework, targets and timetable for effecting the entry of historically disadvantaged South Africans into the mining industry
- Advising mining companies on regularising and achieving compliance under spatial planning and land use legislation
- Part of the team representing four mining houses, jointly and individually, in various municipal valuation disputes in a number of municipal jurisdictions
- Advising mining companies in relation to land under restitution claims
- Advising mining compnaies on formalisation of mine villages
- Assisting a mining company with regulatory aspects pertaining to the implementation of a sale of business including the transfer of surface right permits and mining rights.