Legal Talent Director
Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Pamela Cyr is the legal talent director for our Vancouver office. In this role, Pam oversees all aspects of our student and associate programs, including recruitment, mentorship, evaluation and advancement. She is also involved in other important initiatives relating to diversity and inclusion, engagement, retention and training, and works very closely with our local management team in Vancouver. Pam is the chair of our Vancouver student committee.
Prior to joining us in 2016, Pam was at the Allard School of Law at the University of British Columbia for seven years, where she served as assistant dean, career services and as acting assistant dean, students. Pam is also an experienced lawyer, having practised commercial litigation for seven years, first at a national firm and then at a prominent litigation boutique in Vancouver.
Pam has been involved with the National Association for Law Placement (NALP) since 2008. She is the founder and co-chair of the Vancouver Summer and Articling Working Group, a group of BC law school and legal employer representatives who set best practices for student recruitment. She is also the local host and sits on the conference planning committee for NALP's 2023 Annual Education Conference in Vancouver.
B.A., Simon Fraser University, 1995
LL.B., University of Victoria, 1999
- British Columbia 2000
Presented on the following topics at the NALP Annual Education Conference:
- "Navigating the Unwritten Rules: Helping Students and New Lawyers Succeed," New Orleans, 2022.
- "Are you ready for it? Managing successfully through change," San Diego, 2019.
- "Well, Well, Well ... Discovering the Benefits of Law School & Law Firm Wellness Programs," Seattle, 2014.
- "From Classroom to Boardroom: How Career Services and Law Firm Professionals Can Help Students Prepare for Practice," Palm Springs, 2011.
- Advisory committee, Justice Education Society, Mapping Her Path Project (Status of Women Program)
- Docent, Vancouver Holocaust Education Centre
- Hoop Law Society