Kirsten H. Jenkins
Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Kirsten H. JenkinsvCard
Related services and key industries
Kirsten Jenkins' practice focuses on advising individuals and families regarding estate planning, trusts, business succession and incapacity matters. She works with clients and their advisors to develop and implement comprehensive and tailored estate plans that meet each family’s unique circumstances and needs.
Ms. Jenkins also advises individuals and financial institutions on estate and trust administration. This includes applications for grants of probate and administration, interpretation issues, questions relating to the duties and powers of executors and trustees and rights of beneficiaries.
During her career, Ms. Jenkins spent several years working for a major Canadian financial institution as a consultant for high-net-worth individuals. Her private practice and corporate experience brings a unique perspective and understanding to her work. Ms. Jenkins is an active member of the legal community and was a member of the Succession Law Reform Project, which provided recommendations to the government that led to the enactment of the Wills, Estates and Succession Act.
Ms. Jenkins is a regular lecturer for professional and industry-related groups, and has authored a number of articles and publications on estate planning, trusts and administration.
LL.B., University of British Columbia, 1999
B.Sc., University of British Columbia, 1996
- British Columbia 2000
- Chambers High Net Worth Guide, 2018: Private Wealth Law - Canada
- Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory, 2016-2017: recommended in Class Actions; 2016-2019: recommended in Estate & Personal Tax Planning
- 2017 Best Lawyers in Canada: Recognized leading lawyer in the area of Trusts + Estates
- 2016 Best Lawyers in Canada: Recognized leading lawyer in the area of Trusts + Estates
- “WESA – One Year Later,” STEP, April 2015.
- "New Wills, Estates and Succession Act," Calgary Bar Association, October 2014.
- "Key Provisions of the New Wills, Estates and Succession Act and an Update on the Family Law Act Provisions Relating to Trusts," 2014 BC Tax Conference, September 2014.
- "New Wills, Estates and Succession Act," Canada Life’s Elite Advisor Event, September 2014.
- "Tax and Estate Planning for the Family Business Conference," PBLI, May 2014.
- "WESA and the New Rules," CLE, November 2013.
- "Wills Drafting Workshop" (co-presenter) CLE, 2013.
- “A Year in Review,” STEP, Vancouver Branch, January 2013.
- “Estate Planning: the Fundamental Issues,” PBLI, December 2012.
- Law Society of British Columbia
- Canadian Bar Association
- Vancouver Wills and Trusts Section
- Estate Planning Council of Vancouver
- Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners
- Vancouver Community College Foundation, past chair
Publication | October 18, 2019
Publication | June 2019