Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
- Banking and finance
- Asset-based lending
- Acquisition finance and corporate lending
- Debt capital markets
Key industry sectors
Eric Vice practises corporate and commercial law with a focus on banking and corporate finance. Eric's experience includes acting for domestic and international commercial banks, non-bank financial institutions and private equity funds, as well as corporate borrowers and issuers, in connection with senior and subordinated debt, asset-based and cash flow facilities, syndicated financings, leveraged financings, bridge loans, securitizations, debt capital markets transactions and other forms of debt financing. Eric has significant experience acting in cross-border and multi-jurisdictional financings.
Eric acts for clients in financings across a range of industries, including retail and consumer goods, manufacturing, telecommunications, fintech and cannabis.
Eric joined our office as a summer student in 2017. He returned as an articling student in 2018 and 2019. During his articles, Eric completed a secondment in the legal department of the Royal Bank of Canada, where he gained experience working on a variety of regulatory projects.
During law school, Eric completed an internship with the legal and corporate governance team of a major Canadian mining company. Prior to law school Eric worked as a logistics assistant at an international mining and trading company, and volunteered in the microfinance unit of an NGO headquartered in Peru.
Professional experienceExpand all Collapse all
- Ontario 2019
Eric has acted in the following matters:
- TransAlta Renewables Inc. in its C$173 million financing secured by wind farm assets in Alberta owned by its indirect majority-owned subsidiary Windrise Wind LP
- Flexiti Financial Inc. in its C$527 million securitization facility led by National Bank with financing also provided by an affiliate of Bank of Montreal and funds managed by Waterfall Asset Management
- TELUS Corporation with a C$2.25 billion credit facility provided by a syndicate of lenders led by The Bank of Nova Scotia
- Royal Bank of Canada in the renewal of its €60 billion global covered bond programme, and various issuances in USD, CAD and EU currencies
- Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation in its capital markets programs and affordable housing programs, including its C$1.3 billion loan facility agreement with Toronto Community Housing Corporation, which is the largest federal housing investment with a municipal partner in Canadian history
- JPMorgan Chase Bank in its asset-based credit facility with a Canadian agriculture company
- Canadian counsel to Green Ivy capital in its credit facilities to various Canadian and US cannabis companies
- "Applying Key Provisions in Everyday Client Scenarios," 20th Annual Perfect Your PPSA Skills , 2019.
- Ontario Bar Association