Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
Alexandra David is a tax lawyer. Ms. David is developing a broad practice in both tax planning and tax controversy, including M&A, cross-border transactions, corporate and international tax planning, and corporate reorganizations.
Prior to joining us as an associate, Ms. David worked in our Toronto office as a summer student and an articling student. During her articles, Ms. David completed a secondment at the Royal Bank of Canada, where she gained valuable experience working on a variety of corporate matters.
In law school, Ms. David was an associate editor of the University of Toronto Faculty of Law Review, and has interned with a number of organizations, including Humanity First Canada and Pro Bono Ontario. Ms. David was a recipient of the Dean's Entrance Award, Lawrence Bloomberg Entrance Award, Andrew M. Lawson '55 Award, and The Honourable Ian Scott Public Interest Internship Award.
- Ontario 2020
- Forté Foundation Fellowship
- "Funding M&A Deals with Bitcoin," Deal Law Wire, 2021.
- "The FCA Provides Guidance on 'Arm's Length': Directing Mind Has De Facto Control," Taxes & Wealth Management, 2021.
- "Digital Taxation - Novel Considerations in M&A Transactions," Deal Law Wire, 2020.
- "A Physician's SR&ED: a Personal or Corporate Activity?" Canadian Tax Focus, 2020.
- "Shareholder Loans - the Interplay of 80.4, 15(2) and 20(1)(j)" (co-author), Ontario Bar Association, 2020.
- Canadian Bar Association
- Ontario Bar Association
- Law Society of Ontario
- Forté Foundation