Related services and key industries
Gareth is a corporate partner in the Life Sciences and Healthcare team based in London. He has represented leading pharmaceutical manufacturers and distributors in Europe and in Asia giving him broad and deep insights into the key trends and risks facing companies operating in the sector.
For very many years, Gareth has been deeply immersed in structuring and negotiating transactions for both branded and generic products, including funding agreements, research agreements, option agreements, technology transfer agreements, product licences, clinical research agreements, outsourcing agreements agreements (ie CRO and CSO agreements), co-promotion/co-development alliances, asset purchase agreements, manufacturing and supply agreements, marketing and distribution agreements, transition service agreements, pharmacovigilance agreements and a host of agreements anicillary thereto.
Outside life sciences, Gareth has significant and wide ranging experience in UK mergers and acquisitions representing both buyers and sellers in a variety of sectors from hospitality to power.
Gareth is developing a family office / private wealth practice aimed at supporting high net worth individuals in establishing their family offices and/or managing their investments in traditional and alternative asset classes. This very personal service is intended to create deep and lasting relationships which will deliver benefits in quality and consistency of advice.
Gareth serves on the Finance and Tax Advisory Committee of the UK BioIndustry Association.
1987 - Law Society Finals, The College of Law
1986 - LL.B., Anglia Ruskin University
- England and Wales
- Advising the majority shareholder on the transfer of a controlling interest in Rafa Laboratories Ltd, Israeli pharmaceutical company for USD200mio.
- Advising the local operating committee of a major international sporting event on COVID-19 related issues including vaccine passports.
- Advising DaVita Inc., a Fortune 500 healthcare provider on its £34mio acquisition of Renal Services (UK) Limited the operator of 19 kidney dialysis clinics in the UK.
- For many years advising a major privately owned pharmaceutical company on the licensing and distribution in EMEA of a diverse product portfolio including biosimilars and a novel breath-activated metered dose inhaler
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Advising Acuris, the BC Partners and GIC-backed provider of global data, intelligence, research and analysis in its acquisition of Blackpeak, the investigative research firm.
- Advising Ameram, a developer of agricultural products including a biologically active floating cover for tanks and lagoons on the disposal of its Aeromix business.
- Advising J.P. Morgan Asset Management on the acquisition of a 1GW pan-European windfarm portfolio.
- Representing Grand Union, the Risk Capital PE firm backed hospitality chain in its disposal of its portfolio of London bars and restaurants partly to Youngs and partly to The Draft House