Jan Peter Weiland
Norton Rose Fulbright LLP
Jan Peter WeilandvCard
Related services and key industries
- Banking and finance
- Capital markets
- Real estate
- Structured trade and commodity finance
Jan Peter Weiland is a banking and finance lawyer based in London. His practice covers the spectrum of banking transactions, with a particular focus on structured finance transactions and related restructurings and regulatory matters. He has represented a wide variety of investment and commercial banks, investment funds, trustees and corporates in respect of complex financing matters.
Peter has practiced in London, Germany, China and Japan and has broad experience of advising on matters involving overseas jurisdictions, including England, France, Germany, Italy, Turkey and the CIS. He has been on client secondments to international banks on four occasions during his career. From 2009 to 2010, Peter worked as legal counsel at a London based asset manager advising on credit portfolio management.
Peter is qualified as a Solicitor in England and Wales and as a Rechtsanwalt in Germany (Hamburg bar).
- 2008 - M.Sc., Merit, School of Oriental and African Studies, London
- 1999 - L.P.C., Commendation, College of Law, London
- 1998 - Graduate Diploma in Law, College of Law, London
- 1996 - M.Sc., London School of Economics and Political Science
- 1995 - B.A., with honors, University College London.
- England and Wales
- Cross-border restructuring in emerging markets, Financier Worldwide, August 2016
- Loan Agreements: Political Risk Default Trigger Needed? Project Finance NewsWire, August 2016
- Marketing Funds in the European Economic Area: A Patchwork of Regulation for Non-European Managers, Fund Formation and Investment Management NewsWire, Spring 2015
- AIFMD in the United Kingdom, Private Funds Practice NewsWire, Spring 2014.
Deutsche Schule London / German School Association Ltd - governor and chairman of the board.