Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
Arad Mojtahedi practises in all areas of corporate and commercial litigation. During his law studies, he clerked for Justice François Doyon of the Quebec Court of Appeal. Before joining our Montréal office, Arad practised civil and commercial litigation with a leading national firm, providing services to public and private companies.
- Quebec 2016
Mr. Mojtahedi has acted, among others, as counsel to the following entities:
- CCAA Restructuring Process of North American Lithium: Acting for Contemporary Amperex Technology Ltd, first ranking secured creditor pari passu with Investissement Québec – 2019
- CCAA Restructuring Process of Sural Group: Acting for the debtor companies Sural Québec Inc and Sural Laminated Products Inc. in their restructuring process, in which Investissement Québec is an important secured creditor – 2019
- CCAA Restructuring Process of TaxelCo/TeoTaxi: Acted for the debtor companies TaxelCo and Teo Taxi Inc. in their restructuring process – 2019
- CCAA Restructuring Process of VA Transport Group: Acting for the debtor companies VA Transport and affiliates in their restructuring process – 2019
- CCAA Restructuring Process of Sears Canada Inc.: Acting as counsel to the court-appointed Monitor FTI Consulting Inc. in the CCAA proceedings of Sears Canada Inc. and its affiliates – 2017-2019
- CCAA Restructuring Process of Bloom Lake & Wabush Mines: Acting as counsel to the court-appointed Monitor FTI Consulting Inc. in the CCAA proceedings of Bloom Lake General Partner Limited, Wabush Iron Co. Limited and their affiliates – 2017-2019
- "What Did You Expect? Equity Claims, Shareholders and the Insolvent Corporation" (co-author: Luc Morin), Ann. Rev. Insol. L. 753, 2018.
- "My Cash and I: Cash Collateral Is Finally King in Quebec," research assistant to Sterling H. Dietze, 31 B.F.L.R. 349.
- "Hostage Payments" (co-speaker), CAIRP Insolvency and Restructuring Forum, Montreal, May 28, 2018.
- Canadian Bar Association, president of the Young Jurists section, Quebec division
- Turnaround Management Association
- Young Bar Association of Montreal
Publication | January 10, 2020
Publication | January 2019
Publication | September 2018
Publication | April 2018