Norton Rose Fulbright LLP
Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
Nonna Crane advises corporations on international corporate and commercial transactions with a focus on cross-border investments and joint ventures. Her work has included advising investors on various aspects of due diligence procedures, offering solutions for problems discovered in the due diligence process and developing strategies for limitation of acquisition liabilities and exposures.
Nonna is experienced in the preparation and negotiation of transaction documents including asset or stock purchase agreements, joint venture agreements, shareholder agreements, escrow agreements, option agreements, guarantee agreements and other documentation. She also provides advice regarding compliance with US and EU international sanctions.
2001 - JD, University of Florida Levin College of Law
1996 - MPA, Appalachian State University
1994 - BA, St. Petersburg State University
- New York
- England and Wales
- Represented Bank of Cyprus on the sale of its Ukrainian subsidiary PJSC “Bank of Cyprus” and associated debt to the Alfa-Bank Group.
- Represented American Capital Energy & Infrastructure (ACEI) on its US$130 million investment in Azura Power Holdings Ltd., the leading independent power company in Nigeria, which is developing Azura-Edo power project near Benin City in Nigeria.
- Acted for a 25 per cent shareholder in a leading Russian perfume retail , Rive Gauche, in connection with a sale by the majority shareholder in the company of part of its interest to a strategic investor, exercise of various rights set out in the Shareholders Agreement and advised on various related matters, including negotiating a framework agreement with the strategic investor.
- Advised a Russian investor on structuring his investments in Russian assets, establishing corporate presence in other jurisdictions and acquisitions of two Russian entities and an Estonian company. Advised the client in connection with several corporate borrowings for the aggregate amount in excess of USD 5.5 million.
- Advised PromServiceBank in connection with a recovery of the overdue loans repayment which was jeopardized by a corporate dispute in which the bank’s client was involved; advised the bank in connection with the proposed settlement agreement in respect of the corporate dispute and repayment of the overdue amounts.
- Acted for Nomos Bank in connection with an acquisition from a VTB Capital plc participation in a USD 650 million secured facility with a Russian borrower.
- Advice in development and implementation of legal strategies in defense against hostile takeover of a leading Russian paper and pulp manufacturer.
- Representation of the seller in the sale of its stake in St. Petersburg historical landmark hotel in the largest real estate transaction in Russia.
- Representation of a Norwegian telecommunications company in connection with its contribution of 100% of the shares of a Russian telecommunications company in exchange for shares of a NASDAQ-listed Delaware company.
- Representation of a Norwegian telecommunications company in connection with its acquisition of over 25% interest in a Russian company, a leading provider of wireless telecommunications services in Russia and the first Russian company to have its shares listed on the New York Stock Exchange.
- Assistance in preparation for the sale of Russian assets of ICN, Inc.
- Assistance in preparation of the transactional documentation with respect to the sale by Telenor Mobile Communications AS of its stake in ZAO Extel, a Kaliningrad mobile operator.
- Advice on structuring the leasing operations in Russia by Volvo Finance and preparation of transactional documentation.
- Coordination of procurement by Lockheed Martin Energy Technologies, Inc. of the Albanian government contract for Airspace Modernization Program.
- Assistance to OAO Poligraphoformlenie in obtaining $12 million financing from the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD).
- Assistance in $51.9 million acquisition of ADS of OAO Vimpel-Communications by Telenor East Invest AS in a Regulation S private placement.
- Assistance in Telenor’s $60 million acquisition of 60% of the shares of OAO Comincom, a Russian high speed private network provider.
- Advice to OAO Lenenergo on registration exemptions under the U.S. Securities Act of 1933.
- "Russia Sanctions Update September 2014," Client Alert, September 24, 2014
- "Russia Sanctions Update: US and EU impose restrictions on finance, energy, and military," Client Alert, August 6, 2014
- "Bribery Act and its application to Russian Companies," Corporate Lawyer, August 2011
- "Changing Landscape of Risk in Russia," Thomson Reuters Accelus, April 27, 2011
- "The Effect of the Introduction of the Euro to Continuity of Contracts: Is the U.S. Prepared?," Florida Journal of International Law, September 2000
- Co-author, "A Multi-Level Performance Appraisal Tool: The Case Study of the Transition from the Traditional to a CQI Approach," The Journal of Healthcare Management Review, April 2000
- Associate General Counsel, World Service Authority, Washington, DC
© Norton Rose Fulbright LLP 2023