Related services and key industries
Sophie is an intellectual property and technology lawyer based in Sydney.
She focuses on intellectual property transactions and strategic commercial contracts (particularly those involving technology).
Sophie regularly advises on the intellectual property aspects of corporate and financing transactions, commercial arrangements involving intellectual property (including sponsorship, franchises, licensing arrangements and technology development agreements) and complex commercial contracts.
She advises across all sectors, with a particular interest in the consumer markets, technology and sport sectors. Sophie has a particular interest in start-ups and disruptive technology.
Sophie trained and qualified with a leading law firm before joining Norton Rose Fulbright, and spent time working in Munich and New York. She is currently seconded to the Sydney office. Prior to this secondment Sophie spent three years in our London office.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Intellectual Property Law and Practice, University of Oxford, 2015-16
- Legal Practice Course (Distinction), BPP Law School, 2010-11
- MA Law (2.i), University of Cambridge, 2006-09
- England and Wales 2013
- Advising Roofoods Ltd (trading as Deliveroo) in relation to a range of commercial and compliance matters, including strategic commercial contracts and distance selling compliance.
- Advising Tropical General Investments in relation to The Coca Cola Company's investment in West African FMCG business CHI Limited.
- Advising Portillo Holdings in relation to the sale of the Nigerian FMCG business Watanal Group to Helios Investment Partners and GB Foods.
- Advising Barclays Bank PLC on the sale of its French retail banking and wealth management business to ANACap Financial Partners.
- A comparative analysis of the approach to advertising keywords in South African and English trade mark law, Oxford Journal of Intellectual Property Law and Practice, 27 February 2017
- Relying on trust: Hidden Gem and the perils of unwritten IP licences, Financier Worldwide, January 2016
- Pro bono legal advisor to Women In Sport
- Pro bono legal advisor to the Western Front Association