Khawaja Muhammad Akbar
Norton Rose Fulbright LLP
Khawaja Muhammad AkbarvCard
Related services and key industries
Akbar is a corporate lawyer based in London. He practices across a wide variety of sectors with a focus on private M&A. His experience includes advising on cross-border M&A transactions, joint ventures, capital market transactions, corporate restructurings, and general corporate advisory work.
Akbar is a member of our India practice and is one of the main contacts for the firm on all matters relating to Pakistan.
Akbar has an LLB and LLM in law from the London School of Economics and Political Science. He joined our practice in 2017, and qualified in 2019.
- LLB, London School of Economics and Political Science
- LLM, London School of Economics and Political Science
- Legal Practice Course, BPP Law School
- Qualified in England and Wales
- A natural resources company - advised on the divestment of its assets in sub-Saharan Africa.
- An Irish renewable infrastructure company – advised on the purchase of a 60 MW portfolio of wind farms in France.
- Nustar Energy LP - advised on the sale of its bulk liquids storage business in the Netherlands and the UK to Inter Pipeline, carried by way of competition action.
- Pagatech - advised on its acquisition Apposit and Tangio in Ethiopia.
- Glennmont – advised on the sale of the 25 MW Gruig, 12.5 MW Todmorden, and 20 MW Gortahile wind Farms.
- Quinbrook – advised on the purchase of a landfill gas portfolio with sites across the UK.
- Asian Investor – advised on the sale of a premium property at St James's Square, London valued at £223 million.
- An international power company – advising on the divestment of interests in a joint venture owning a 600 MW + power plant in the Middle East.
- A development fund – advised on the purchase of interests in wind farms in Pakistan.