Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
Luc Morin's practice focuses on bankruptcy, insolvency and corporate restructuring.
Over the years, Luc has earned multiple distinctions for the high quality of his professional work (see "Rankings and recognitions" below).
Luc is also president of the executive committee of the Canadian Bar Association – Insolvency Section, and was invited to join the Insolvency Institute of Canada in 2018, an invitation-based only organization dedicated to the promotion of excellence in the insolvency in Canada regrouping the most senior and experienced members of the insolvency professionals community in Canada.
- Quebec 2003
Mr. Morin has acted, among others, as counsel to the following entities:
- CCAA Restructuring Process of North American Lithium: Acting for Contemporary Amperex Technology Ltd, first ranking secured creditor pari passu with Investissement Québec - 2019
- CCAA Restructuring Process of Sural Group: Acting for the debtor companies Sural Québec Inc and Sural Laminated Products Inc. in their restructuring process, in which Investissement Québec is an important secured creditor - 2019
- CCAA Restructuring Process of TaxelCo/TeoTaxi: Acted for the debtor companies TaxelCo and Teo Taxi Inc. in their restructuring process - 2019
- CCAA Restructuring Process of VA Transport Group: Acting for the debtor companies VA Transport and affiliates in their restructuring process - 2019
- Bankruptcy of Montréal C'est Électrique: Acting for PricewaterhouseCoopers Inc. in its capacity as trustee in the context of the bankruptcy of Montréal C'est Électrique (Formula E) – 2018
- CCAA Restructuring Process of Secur Finance: Acted for Deloitte as monitor in the restructuring process of Secur Finance under the Companies' Creditors Arrangement Act: 2015-2017
- Bankruptcy of Boutique Jacob: Acted for PricewaterhouseCoopers as trustee in the context of the notice of intention process of Boutique Jacob under the BIA: 2014-2015
- BIA Restructuring Process of Bikini Village: Acted for PricewaterhouseCoopers Inc. in the context of BIA notice of intention process of Groupe Bikini Village Inc. and the sale of its assets to La Vie en Rose Inc.: 2015-2016
- CCAA Restructuring Process of Quebecor: Acted for Québecor Média Inc. and subsidiaries in the context of disputes with Québecor World Inc. in the context of the latter's CCAA restructuring process: 2008-2011
- Bankruptcy of BIXI: Acted for BIXI (Public Bike System Company) in the context of its notice of intention process under the BIA: 2013-2014
- International Financial Law Review 1000, Canada: Restructuring and Insolvency (Rising Star), 2019
- Best Lawyers in Canada: insolvency and financial restructuring law, 2018
- Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory,2018-2019: recommended in Insolvency & Financial Restructuring - Insolvency Litigation
- IFLR1000: The Guide to the World's Leading Financial Law Firms: "Rising Star" in financial restructuring, 2016-17
- "What did you expect? Equity Claims, Shareholders and the Insolvent Corporation" (co-author: Arad Mojtahedi), Ann. Rev. Insol. L. 155, 2019.
- "Nothing Personal: The Bloom Lake Decision and the Growing Outreach of Vesting Orders against in personam Rights" (co-author: Nicolas Mancini), Ann. Rev. Insol. L. 905, 2018.
- "Set-Off and Compensation in Insolvency Restructuring under the BIA/CCAA: After the Kitco and Beyond the Rack Decisions," (co-author: Guillaume-Pierre Michaud), presented at the Annual Review of Insolvency Law conference, Montreal, February 16, 2017.
- Article on derivative actions and other Paulian recourses (co-author: Guillaume-Pierre Michaud), JurisClasseur Québec, Collection droit des affaires, Droit des sociétés, Fascicule 15, 2009-2017.
- "Shareholders and Corporate Insolvency," Ottawa Law Review 38.1, 2007.
- "L'insolvabilité en contexte international et l'attitude des tribunaux canadiens," Ottawa Law Review 38.2, 2008.
- Canadian Bar Association
- President, executive committee – insolvency section for Quebec
- Quebec Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Insolvency Institute of Canada
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Turnaround Management Association