Norton Rose Fulbright (Middle East) LLP
Related services and key industries
Lolan Sagoe-Moses is a lawyer based in Dubai. He joined our Dubai office after completing his training contract in London.
Lolan has broad experience in regulatory compliance, investigations, and business human rights laws.
He has a deep knowledge of politics in Ghana and relationships with lawyers in several West African countries. His writing on anti-corruption in Ghana has been featured in the New York Times. Lolan acted as the lead applicant in the case Lolan Sagoe-Moses & Six Others v. Minister of Transport & Attorney-General which affirmed the Right to Information in Ghana. This case was recently included in Columbia University's Global Freedom of Expression project as well as the UN Human Rights Council's 2017 National Report on Ghana.
In 2019, Lolan was named one of 30 Future of Ghana Pioneers, as well as an Africa 35 under 35 laureate.
Lolan has a BA from the University of Virginia and an LLB from the University of Leeds. He is admitted as a Solicitor of England & Wales.
- Dubai Financial Services Authority (DFSA) regulated fund manager and its CEO – advised on an ongoing DFSA investigation. Identified, reviewed and prepared documents for submission to the DFSA in response to an information request; and co-authored speaking notes to prepare the CEO for an interview with the DFSA.
- US-headquartered multinational pharmaceutical company – acted on ongoing internal investigations into allegedly corrupt activity in the operations of one of its North African subsidiaries. Responsibilities included interviewing board members of the subsidiary; conducting tier 2 reviews of French and English documents; updating the interim report and work-plan submitted to the client; and providing oral updates to the client during subsequent conference calls.
- Saudi family owned company – represented on its legal and commercial options for termination of an introductory services agreement.
- Ghanaian, Nigerian, Senegalese and Gabonese local counsel - assisted on a report on local content and human rights laws in the West African oil and gas industry for a global oilfield services company.
- The Dubai International Financial Center registered subsidiary of a UK-listed bank - drafted a note of advice on statutory Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and DFSA notification obligations in relation to an ongoing harassment investigation.
- US-headquarted pharmaceutical company - conducted tier 2 reviews of 30,000 documents, and supervised tier 1 reviewers in an internal bribery and corruption investigations into the Eastern European operations. Co-authored the investigatory report summarising the findings of the investigation, which recommended that the client updates its anti-bribery training for employees.
- EU-headquartered nutrition company with US and Iranian subsidiaries - drafted a projet plan, initial due diligence questionnaire and document request list for the Iran sanctions compliance review.
- Global online food delivery - produced the first draft of the Modern Slavery Act 2015-compliant statement.