Related services and key industries
Alice Chen is a construction and infrastructure lawyer based in Sydney.
Alice acts for both the government and private sector and specialises in contracts and procurement. She provides 'whole of project' support - from scope definition, preparation of tender and contract documents, tender support, negotiation and finalisation of contracts through to contract administration support.
Alice has extensive experience in working with the Commonwealth and NSW government in the procurement of consultants and contractors.
Alice has worked on major infrastructure projects utilising a wide range of contract delivery methods including PPP, integrated project delivery, design and construct, managing contractor, construct only and guaranteed maximum price. Alice has also drafted and advised on consultancy and services agreements and Australian Standards contracts.
- BA, LLB (First Class Honours)
- Masters of Construction Law (2016)
- Supreme Court of New South Wales 2007
- 'BIM from a practical perspective' (2014) 26(2) ACLB 28
- Alice has presented biannually at the IES Conference from 2007 to 2012 on process contracts, letters of intent, estoppel, and misleading and deceptive conduct in the procurement context.
- Member of the Society of Construction Law Australia
- National Association of Women Construction
- Mandarin Chinese