Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
Cate Shirley is a financial services lawyer based in Sydney.
Cate provides advice to leading Australian and international financial services clients, including wealth management businesses, fund managers, retail and institutional banks, superannuation funds and brokers.
She advises these clients in relation to commercial, regulatory and transactional matters, with a focus on superannuation, ongoing regulatory developments, outsourcing arrangements and compliance issues in the financial services sector.
Cate's recent experience includes a scheme modernisation project for a leading Australian fund manager, assisting clients to establish wholesale and retail funds and preparing disclosure materials for new and existing financial products. Cate has also recently advised Australian and international fund managers in connection with the establishment of their Australian operations and assisted clients to apply for, vary and administer Australian financial services licences.
- Master of Laws, Australian National University (2015)
- Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice (GDLP), Australian National University (2012)
- Bachelor of Laws (with Honours), University of Adelaide (2011)
- Bachelor of International Studies (Major History – Minor Politics), University of Adelaide (2010)
- High Court of Australia 2013
- Supreme Court of New South Wales 2012
- Supreme Court of South Australia 2013
Publication | March 29, 2019
Publication | February 2019
Publication | February 04, 2019
Publication | December 19, 2018