Norton Rose Fulbright Australia
Related services and key industries
Laura Bernhardt is a corporate lawyer based in Sydney.
Laura has experience in acting for domestic and international clients on complex corporate transactions. This experience has been gained through working with local and international private and publicly listed companies across a broad range of industries and sectors.
Laura focuses on mergers and acquisitions and business transactions, with a particular interest in public listed company takeovers and schemes of arrangements. She also enjoys advising on shareholder arrangements (between founders and investors), joint-venture arrangements, corporate restructures and general corporate and commercial matters.
- Bachelor of Laws (Honours) and Communication (Public Communication), University of Technology Sydney, with a semester abroad at the University of Copenhagen (2018)
- Supreme Court of New South Wales 2019
- Palladium - on its acquisition by scheme of arrangement by United States company, Global Infrastructure Solutions Inc.
- China Mengniu Dairy Company – on its scheme of arrangement acquisition of Bellamy's Australia.
- Vodafone Hutchinson Australia – on the unique and complex scheme of arrangement acquisition by unlisted VHA of TPG while simultaneously ending the listing of TPG on ASX, but requiring in its place an initial listing on ASX of VHA.
- Patrizia AG - on its acquisition of Whitehelm Capital.
- Fiera Capital – advising Canadian investment manager Fiera Capital on its acquisition of AMP Capital's multi-jurisdictional global equities capability.
- Ai-Media - on its various Australian acquisitions.
- RFi Group – advising Retail Finance Intelligence, a global intelligence and media provider that specialises in financial services data, on its majority stake sale to Diversis Capital Partners I LP, a Los Angeles based private equity fund focused on data and technology investment portfolios.
- Coverforce – advising independent insurance brokerage firm Coverforce on the management shareholder buyout of private equity investor Pemba Capital Partners' 49% ownership in the business.
- Restructure – on the corporate restructure of an Australian freight carrier.
- Thorn Group Ltd – on Thorn's fully underwritten accelerated non-renounceable entitlement offer.
- Spotless Group – advising Downer EDI Limited subsidiary Spotless on its agreement to sell 70% of its laundries business to an entity of Australian private equity firm Adamantem Capital and the pre-acquisition restructure of the Spotless Laundries business.
- University housing restructure – on restructure options for an Australian university's student housing business.