Norton Rose Fulbright Australia
Related services and key industries
Laura Bernhardt is a corporate lawyer based in Sydney specialising in mergers and acquisitions and business transactions, with a particular interest in public listed company takeovers and schemes of arrangements. Laura also advises on shareholder arrangements (between founders and investors), joint-venture arrangements, corporate restructures and general corporate and commercial matters. Laura's experiences extends to acting for both local and international private and publicly listed companies across a broad range of industries.
- Bachelor of Laws (Honours) and Communication (Public Communication), University of Technology Sydney, with a semester abroad at the University of Copenhagen (2018)
- Supreme Court of New South Wales 2019
- China Mengniu Dairy Company – advising Mengniu on its scheme of arrangement acquisition of Bellamy's Australia;
- Vodafone Hutchinson Australia – advising on the unique and complex scheme of arrangement acquisition by unlisted VHA of TPG while at the same time ending the listing of TPG on ASX, but requiring in its place an initial listing on ASX of VHA;
- Fiera Capital – advising Canadian investment manager Fiera Capital on its acquisition of AMP Capital's multi-jurisdictional global equities capability;
- RFi Group – advising Retail Finance Intelligence, a global intelligence and media provider that specialises in financial services data, on its majority stake sale to Diversis Capital Partners I LP, a Los Angeles based private equity fund focused on data and technology investment portfolios;
- Coverforce – advising independent insurance brokerage firm Coverforce on the management shareholder buyout of private equity investor Pemba Capital Partners' 49% ownership in the business;
- Restructure – advising on the corporate restructure of an Australian freight carrier;
- Thorn Group Ltd – advising on Thorn's fully underwritten accelerated non-renounceable entitlement offer;
- Spotless Group – advising Downer EDI Limited subsidiary Spotless on its agreement to sell 70 per cent of its Laundries business to an entity of Australian private equity firm Adamantem Capital and the pre-acquisition restructure of the Spotless Laundries business; and
- University housing restructure – advising on restructure options for an Australian university's student housing business.
Norton Rose Fulbright Australia, Public M&A Takeovers and Schemes Deal Trends Report - 2020