Norton Rose Fulbright (Middle East) LLP
Related services and key industries
Clinton Slogrove is a dispute resolution lawyer based in Dubai.
He has particular experience in construction arbitration, commercial and investment disputes. He regularly represents clients in the Dubai International Financial Centre Court as well as in arbitration (International Chamber of Commerce, London Court of International Arbitration, DIFC-LCIA, and Dubai International Arbitration Centre).
Clinton joined the Dubai us after a year at Al Tamimi & Company. Prior to that, Clinton spent five years in our South African office.
Bachelor of Laws LLB, University of KwaZulu Natal, South Africa
Bachelor of Social Science, University of KwaZulu Natal, South Africa
- Attorney, qualified in South Africa 2013
- Advised and lead a team advising an Italian Architectural team appointed as lead consultants for the Design, Construction Supervision and Commissioning of a specialty children's hospital in the UAE.
- Assisted in acting for a listed South African Construction company which was involved in an arbitration in India against the National Highways Authority of India.
- Assisted in advising a main Contractor in relation to a dispute regarding delay damages and concurrent delays arising out of a project to construct an aluminium extrusion plant in the UAE.
- Assisted in disputes for claims arising out of an Operation & Maintenance contract following alleged latent defects of a water desalination plant in Oman.
- Involved in various projects in the South African Renewable Energy rollout. Acting as a member of various teams for various players such as the Construction and EPC Contractors, O&M Contractors, Intermediaries as well as Insurers.
- High Court application and subsequent ad hoc Arbitration - Acted for a large German laundry company contracted to install the second largest laundry facility in the world at a South African hospital.
- Advising on a dispute regarding the AED 320 million sale of a hotel (under construction) on the Palm Island in Dubai. The dispute involved several aspects of real estate, construction, agency and conflicts of jurisdiction issues.
- Advising on various disputes relating to the extension of the Dubai Metro rail system on the Expo2020 Expolink.
- Advised large American company, in relation to available recourse to it should one of its largest shareholders be placed into bankruptcy in the UAE.
- Advised large American Governmental service provider regarding the enforcement of a Kuwaiti Court judgment in over 7 Gulf States, in particular on preventative attachment orders against assets and impact on employees, contract partners and existing contractual arrangements.
- Acting for one of Pakistan's largest telecommunications companies in a dispute with an American Satellite bandwidth provider.
- Integral part of team involved in the highly publicised dispute relating to the management of a 5 star hotel on the Palm Jumeriah Island in Dubai.
- Assisted in running an internal appeal and subsequent High Court Review of a government procurement of a ZAR 750 Million contract for the construction of a hydro-pipeline.