Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
- Litigation and disputes
- Construction and engineering
- International arbitration
- Bankruptcy, financial restructuring and insolvency
Clinton Slogrove practises primarily in commercial and insurance litigation. He joined the firm's South African office in 2011. After completing his articling years, he took up the position as an associate in 2013, and continued to practise there until 2016 when he moved his practice to the Middle East office in Dubai. He has recently moved his practice to our Calgary office in July 2021. Mr. Slogrove has assisted clients in construction and energy disputes, commercial litigation and dispute resolution, procurement and regulatory litigation, as well as insurance. He has advised in both large- and small-scale litigation involving complex disputes.
Prior to completing his law degree, Mr. Slogrove completed a Bachelor's Degree in Social Science.
Bachelor of Laws LLB, University of KwaZulu Natal, South Africa
Bachelor of Social Science, University of KwaZulu Natal, South Africa
- Attorney, qualified in South Africa 2013
- Advised and led a team advising an Italian Architectural team appointed as lead consultants for the Design, Construction Supervision and Commissioning of a specialty children's hospital in the UAE.
- Assisted in acting for a listed South African construction company which was involved in an arbitration in India against the National Highways Authority of India.
- Assisted in advising a main contractor in relation to a dispute regarding delay damages and concurrent delays arising out of a project to construct an aluminium extrusion plant in the UAE.
- Assisted in disputes for claims arising out of an operation & maintenance contract following alleged latent defects of a water desalination plant in Oman.
- Involved in various projects in the South African Renewable Energy rollout. Acting as a member of various teams for various players such as the construction and EPC contractors, O&M contractors, intermediaries as well as insurers.
- High Court application and subsequent ad hoc arbitration - Acted for a large German laundry company contracted to install the second largest laundry facility in the world at a South African hospital.
- Advising on a dispute regarding the AED 320 million sale of a hotel (under construction) on the Palm Island in Dubai. The dispute involved several aspects of real estate, construction, agency and conflicts of jurisdiction issues.
- Advising on various disputes relating to the extension of the Dubai Metro rail system on the Expo2020 Expolink.
- Advised large American company, in relation to available recourse to it should one of its largest shareholders be placed into bankruptcy in the UAE.
- Advised large American governmental service provider regarding the enforcement of a Kuwaiti Court judgment in over 7 Gulf States, in particular on preventative attachment orders against assets and impact on employees, contract partners and existing contractual arrangements.
- Acting for one of Pakistan's largest telecommunications companies in a dispute with an American Satellite bandwidth provider.
- Integral part of team involved in the highly publicised dispute relating to the management of a 5 star hotel on the Palm Jumeriah Island in Dubai.
- Assisted in running an internal appeal and subsequent High Court Review of a government procurement of a ZAR 750 Million contract for the construction of a hydro-pipeline.
Publication | June 04, 2020
Publication | June 03, 2020
Publication | April 06, 2020
Update | March 12, 2020