Norton Rose Fulbright Australia
Related services and key industries
Paul Toua is an energy and corporate lawyer based in Brisbane. He is admitted to practice in both Australia and Papua New Guinea.
Paul focuses his practice on energy and resources matters but he has advised clients across infrastructure projects, corporate law and banking and finance.
He offers services to clients ranging from specific legal advisory services to working as part of multi-disciplined project teams for large energy or infrastructure projects. He has specific experience with projects in developing countries and in particular, Papua New Guinea.
- L.L.B (Hons); The University of Papua New Guinea, 1991
- L.L.M in Energy and Resources Law; The University of Melbourne, 2016
- Admitted Supreme Court of New South Wales 2003
- National and Supreme Court of Papua New Guinea 1992
- Kumul Consolidated Holdings Limited - on the procurement of the Ramu 2 hydropower project for a 180MW hydroelectric power station in Papua New Guinea.
- Tribune Mt. Kare Gold Limited - advising on compliance issues, the restructuring of business operations and assistance with ongoing litigation matters in Papua New Guinea.
- Igiri Petroleum Limited - on its 2019 - 2020 seismic exploration program in Papua New Guinea.
- Mineral Resources Development Company Limited - on the settlement of trust deeds for beneficiaries of the OK Tedi gold and copper mine in PNG
- Trafigura - on the provision of an advance payment facility to K92 Mining Ltd in Papua New Guinea.
- Puma Energy - advising on its petroleum pipeline network in Papua New Guinea.
- Santos Limited - in its purchase of a 31% interest in the Hides Gas Field from Oil Search Limited.
- Daewoo Corporation - in the build, own, operate and transfer project for a 24MW diesel power station in Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea.
- InterOil Corporation - acted as part of a multi-disciplined project team to build and operate a condensate stripping facility in the Gulf Province, Papua New Guinea.
- InterOil Corporation - on the US$28.3m acquisition of Shell PNG's downstream assets.
- InterOil Corporation - in the successful settlement of a US$7m blow out insurance claim with Lloyds of London (Watkins Syndicate).
- Member, PNG Law Society
- Member, QLD Law Society